Penn State Health Department of Pediatrics at Penn State Health Children s Hospital (PSHCH) and Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center (PSHMSHMC) is seeking new Division Chief of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology.
Join our Department of Pediatrics Medicine now! We are committed to excellent clinical care, teaching, and research. Interested applicants please apply here and send CV and Cover Letter to Anderson Smith, at email@example.com
What we re seeking:
- A leader who understands and fosters an academic environment and is responsible for the growth and advancement of clinical innovations, cutting-edge research, and teaching excellence of the division, as a way to meet and exceed national benchmarks of excellence.
- A servant leader who builds consensus to catalyze disruptive innovations that ensure ready access to the highest quality of care delivered to our
- Chief working along with the Department Chair, will help steward the extraordinary philanthropic resources of approximately $18 million each year to pediatric oncology, by setting strategic plans to further the clinical and research missions to evolve to become the destination of choice for patients, clinicians and scientists in the region.
- The successful candidate with an outstanding record of achievements may be eligible for nomination to be the Endowed Four Diamonds Chair in Pediatric Oncology.
- MD, DO, or equivalent degree or MD/PhD from an accredited
- ACGME accredited residency training in
- Board-certification in Pediatric Hematology/Oncology.
- Eligibility for permanent, unrestricted licensure in
- Track record of NIH-funded Research program in the field.
- Management/Leadership experience desirable.
About the Division:
- The Division of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology is one of the largest divisions in the Department of Pediatrics with 17 Pediatric Hematologists/Oncologists, 3 of whom hold endowed Chair appointments, 5 Ph.D. faculty, and 6 Advanced Practice Nurses.
- The division has programs in pediatric stem cell transplantation, experimental therapeutics, neuro-oncology, AYA oncology, and survivorship.
- The Clinical Oncology Program sees approximately 100 new oncology patients and has greater than 4000 visits annually. In addition to the clinical faculty, care is provided by six nurse practitioners, one certified nurse specialist, eight nurse coordinators, a dedicated neuropsychologist, a genetic counselor, a research nurse, and seven data managers and regulatory specialists who are part of the infrastructure for Phase I-III clinical trials.
- The Four Diamonds Pediatric Oncology Research Center has been supported by greater than $100M in research endowments developed from 1999 to the present. Currently, six principal investigators, all of whom are NIH funded, lead laboratory-based research designed to understand molecular pathways involved in pediatric cancer, primary immunodeficiency and cancer, and to develop new targeted therapies. The Pediatric Oncology Experimental Therapeutics Program provides the infrastructure for participation in leading Phase I and II clinical research consortium, including POETIC (Pediatric Oncology Experimental Therapeutics Investigators' Consortium) and BCC (Beat Childhood Cancer). The annual research expenses for the Four Diamonds researchers for FY21 was approximately $12 million. There are 12 active NIH awards in the division.
We are pleased to offer:
- Competitive compensation and generous benefits, including:
- Relocation assistance
- CME allocation
- 401(k), 403(b) and 457(b) retirement plans
- Penn State University tuition discount
- Back-up family care.
- Attractive start-up package for research.
Our freestanding Children s Hospital just underwent a vertical expansion in order to meet the rapidly growing pediatric need in central PA. Hershey, PA is located near Harrisburg (our state capital) and is a safe, family-friendly location, with access to excellent public schools that are highly ranked nationally. Our local neighborhoods boast a reasonable cost of living whether you prefer a more suburban setting or a thriving city rich in theater, arts, and culture. Known as the home of the Hershey chocolate bar, Hershey's community is rich in history and offers an abundant range of outdoor activities. We're conveniently located within a short distance to major cities such as Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, NYC, Baltimore, and Washington DC.
About Penn State Health:
Penn State Health is a multi-hospital health system serving patients and communities across 29 counties in central Pennsylvania. It employs more than 16,500 people system wide.
The system includes Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Penn State Children s Hospital, and Penn State Cancer Institute based in Hershey, Pa.; Penn State Health Holy Spirit Medical Center in Camp Hill, Pa. and Penn State Health Hampden Medical Center; Penn State Health St. Joseph Medical Center in Reading, Pa.; and more than 2,300 physicians and direct care providers at more than 125 medical office locations. Additionally, the system jointly operates various health care providers, including Penn State Health Rehabilitation Hospital, Hershey Outpatient Surgery Center, Hershey Endoscopy Center, Horizon Home Healthcare and Pennsylvania Psychiatric Institute.
Penn State Health shares an integrated strategic plan and operations with Penn State College of Medicine, the University s medical school. With campuses in State College and Hershey, PA, the College of Medicine boasts a portfolio of more than $100 million in funded research and more than 1,700 students and trainees in medicine, nursing, other health professions and biomedical research.
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position s responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.