The Penn State Health Children's Hospital is offering an exciting physician opportunity for a Clinical Geneticist at our Hershey campus. The successful candidate will join the collegial faculty of Penn State Health Children s Hospital and the Division of Human Genetics, which is poised for an exciting period of growth under the leadership of the new Pediatrics Chair, Leslie Walker-Harding, MD, FAAP, FSAHM.
What We're Offering:
- Rank commensurate with experience
- Participation in resident, fellow, and medical student education
- Interaction with dynamic clinicians and an outstanding array of cutting edge researchers at both the Hershey and University Park campuses
- Competitive salary, generous benefits, and the ability to become part of the faculty of Penn State Health Department of Pediatrics
- Access to the resources of the Penn State Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI), several advanced core research facilities, bio statistical support, Institute for Personalized Medicine, and the Pediatric Clinical Research Office with research coordinators and nurses
What We're Seeking:
- Interest in clinical genetics, genomic medicine, and metabolic disorders
- Must be BC/BE in Pediatrics and Genetics
- Outstanding patient care qualities
- A strong or growing track record of scholarship, and a commitment to excellence in education, research, and quality improvement
- Vision and drive to work in state-of-the-art programs
Area Highlights Include:
Hershey, PA is often cited as one of the best places to live in America. Of course, Hershey, PA is known worldwide as the home of the Hershey chocolate bar, but this is just the beginning of our story.
Our local neighborhoods boast a reasonable cost of living whether you prefer a more suburban setting or a thriving city rich in theater, arts and culture. Our region is home to an array of museums, concert venues, gardens, historic sites and restaurants. The Susquehanna River and Appalachian Trail are in our backyard. Outdoor and sporting activities, including biking, fishing, golf and hiking, are well supported. We are conveniently located within a short distance of major cities such as Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, New York, Baltimore and Washington, DC.
The Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce. EOE-AA-M/F/D/V. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.