Penn State Health Children s Hospital Division of Pediatric Nephrology and Hypertension is seeking a Pediatric Nephrologist Physician.
Join our Division of Pediatric Nephrology and Hypertension now! We are committed to excellent clinical care, teaching, and research.
- The Division of Pediatric Nephrology & Hypertension at the Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital, Penn State College of Medicine, is seeking a full-time pediatric nephrologist to join us as part of a 4-physician team.
- The position can be at any academic rank, commensurate with experience. An enthusiastic interest in collaborative clinical care and teaching, as well as a commitment to academic scholarship in its varied forms is essential.
- Our division has a strong tradition of clinical and educational excellence and we seek to find a partner who will continue/enhance those efforts.
- We provide the full range of inpatient and outpatient pediatric nephrology services including all forms of renal replacement therapy.
- We work collaboratively with our transplant surgery team to care for 60-70 pediatric kidney transplant recipients, with 4-8 new transplants yearly. Our current transplant outcomes are above national averages.
The Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital is the sole tertiary care pediatric center for infants and children in Central Pennsylvania, serving a population of approximately 2-2.5 million infants, children and adolescents. All pediatric and surgical subspecialties are represented within the Children s Hospital. In January 2013 we moved to a new state-of-the-art children s hospital and opened a 4-floor expansion of that building in 2020. We have a dynamic new department chair and are actively working to expand our clinical and academic missions.
The Children s Hospital is the primary pediatric training site for the Penn State College of Medicine and is adjacent to the College of Medicine basic science departments. There are multiple teaching opportunities, working with both pediatric residents and medical students, as well as many other learners throughout the institution. There are opportunities for both basic and clinical research available throughout the institution.
What we re seeking:
- The successful candidate will be Nephrology fellowship trained and board certified/eligible. MD, D.O., or foreign equivalent
- Ability to acquire a license to practice in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Sign-on bonus and relocation assistance
- CME time and funds
- LTD and Life insurance, and so much more!
- Penn State University tuition discount for employees and dependents
About Penn State Health:
Penn State Health is a multi-hospital health system serving patients and communities across 29 counties in central Pennsylvania. It employs more than 16,800 people systemwide.
The system includes Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Penn State Children s Hospital, and Penn State Cancer Institute based in Hershey, Pa.; Penn State Health Holy Spirit Medical Center in Camp Hill, Pa; Penn State Health St. Joseph Medical Center in Reading, Pa.; Penn State Health Hampden Medical Center in Enola. Penn State Health brings continued expansion as we open Lancaster Pediatric Center by summer and Lancaster Medical Center by years end. Penn State Health has more than 3,000 physicians and direct care providers at 90+ unique medical office locations. Additionally, the system jointly operates various health care providers, including Penn State Health Rehabilitation Hospital, Hershey Outpatient Surgery Center, Hershey Endoscopy Center, Horizon Home Healthcare and Pennsylvania Psychiatric Institute
In December 2017, Penn State Health partnered with Highmark Health to facilitate creation of a value-based, community care network in the region.
Penn State Health shares an integrated strategic plan and operations with Penn State College of Medicine, the University s medical school. With campuses in State College and Hershey, PA, the College of Medicine boasts a portfolio of more than $100 million in funded research and more than 1,700 students and trainees in medicine, nursing, other health professions, and biomedical research.
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position s responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical, or genetic information.