Benefis Health System, in Great Falls, Montana, is seeking a BE/BC Radiation Oncologist to join our oncology team at our Benefis Sletten Cancer Institute. We are Montana's most comprehensive and state-of-the-art cancer facility uniquely designed to care for the mind, body and spirit of cancer patients and their caregivers. Our team of expert medical oncologists and radiation oncologists, nurses and other cancer care professionals are dedicated to providing advanced cancer treatment, research and education to their fellow Montanans. Equally as important, Benefis Sletten Cancer Institute provides a truly progressive approach to preventing and diagnosing cancer with our Varian Edge technology, onsite PET Scan, healing gardens, meditation room, and so much more!
- Highly regarded regional center with excellent employee satisfaction and patient scores
- 2 Radiation Oncologist Practice, very light weekend call every other weekend.
- Clinic is staffed Monday – Friday from 8am – 5pm, schedule is flexible
- Scope of practice: consulting and treating patients and providing follow up at the cancer institute, consulting inpatients as necessary
- Tumor Board 2x per week (general and breast)
# of patients seen per day
- Linac – Varian Edge (22 per day, 220 per week)
- Stereotactic (1-2 per day)
- Xray (10-14 patients per day)
- Brachytherapy (2 per month)
- PET/CT (7-9 PET (Tuesday Only) / 25 CT)
- Consults (approximately 6/week)
- Follow-ups (approximately 15/week)
# of support staff to help
- 1 Medical Physicist
- 1 Dosimetrist
- 2 RN’s
- 4 Radiation Therapists
- 1 Radiation Therapy Assistant
- 3 onsite leaders: operating director, supervisor and clinic manager
Common issues we have that would require physician assistance/oversight
- Any medical issues that arise with patients being treated within Radiation Oncology
Type of operating system and EMR for documentation
Resources at Benefis available to radiation oncology
- Cancer Programs (social work, patient navigation, financial advocacy, cancer registry, genetic counseling)
- Clinical Research
- Breast Tumor Board
- General Tumor Board
Options for documentation
Compensation and Benefits This opportunity is an employed position. We offer a nationally competitive guaranteed salary and bonus incentives, and our comprehensive benefits include retirement match plans, health, dental, and vision insurances, generous CME, relocation/sign-on bonus and malpractice with tail coverage.
Community Information Great Falls has a city population of 60,000, with a draw of over 275,000 people in north central Montana. We experience mild winters and enjoy blue skies over 300 days per year. Great Falls is a wonderful and safe place to raise a family, with nationally ranked public schools and an average commute of under 12 minutes, making the quality of life in Great Falls unsurpassed in the Rocky Mountain West. Additionally, the Missouri River, a blue-ribbon fly-fishing destination, runs through the middle of town. Outdoor activities include camping, hiking, horseback riding, water & snow skiing, rock & ice climbing, boating, white-water kayaking, off-road motor sports, upland bird, waterfowl, and big-game hunting.
Benefis Health System This is your opportunity to be part of an exceptional health system in a state that is well known for its beautiful four seasons and outdoor lifestyle. While enjoying the last best place, you'll have the added benefit of having access to Benefis Health System, one of the state's most modern and progressive healthcare facilities with 500+ beds and over 330 members on medical staff representing 40 specialties. Our state-of-the-art facilities and cutting-edge technologies make Benefis an exceptional working environment and one of the Best Places To Work in Healthcare 4 years in a row 2014 – 2019!
Submit your CV today to learn more!