The Heart & Vascular Institute at Benefis Health System in Great Falls, Montana is seeking a Cardiothoracic Surgeon to join our team. We are a level II trauma center and regional referral center with a catchment of 250,000 and a medical group employing 300 providers. Our practice offers direct, in-house referrals, dedicated CVOR staff and experienced ICU/PCVU medical staff.
- Vascular skills preferred but not required
- 2 surgical CT PAs for clinical support, 1st assist in OR/vein harvesting, and call support
- Dedicated CVOR staff and dedicated cardiac anesthesia team
- 10 ORs with dedicated heart room and a hybrid OR opening Fall 2022
- Davinci XI available – robotics skills not mandatory for position
- 21 bed ICU staffed 24/7 with Intensivists and dedicated Hospitalists 24/7 to manage medical care needs
- Office consultations and follow-up (clinic is staffed M-F 8:00 - 5:00 pm)
Heart & Vascular Institute
- Consists of the following providers:
- 1 Cardiovascular Surgeon
- 2 Cardiothoracic Surgical PAs
- 4 Interventional Cardiologists
- 2 General Cardiologists
- 1 Independent EP Interventional Cardiologist
- 2 Nurse Practitioners
- Services patients in approximately one-third of the state of Montana - population 250,000+
- General and Interventional Cardiologists provide care to region via outreach clinics
- Benefis Medical Group employs over 300 providers
Compensation and Benefits Competitive compensation structures with guaranteed salaries. Benefits include: generous CME fund, 8 weeks paid time off, malpractice coverage + tail, health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, as well as a 403B plan with 5% match and additional pre-tax savings programs for retirement.
City Information: Great Falls has a city population of 60,000, with a draw of over 275,000 people in north central Montana. We experience mild winters and enjoy blue skies over 300 days per year. Great Falls is a wonderful and safe place to raise a family, with nationally ranked public schools and an average commute of under 12 minutes, making the quality of life in Great Falls unsurpassed in the Rocky Mountain West. Additionally, the Missouri River, a blue-ribbon fly-fishing destination, runs through the middle of town. Outdoor activities include camping, hiking, horseback riding, water& snow skiing, rock & ice climbing, boating, white-water kayaking, off-road motor sports, upland bird, waterfowl, and big-game hunting.
Benefis Health System This is your opportunity to be part of an exceptional health system in a state that is well known for its beautiful four seasons and outdoor lifestyle. While enjoying the last best place, you'll have the added benefit of having access to Benefis Health System, one of the state's most modern and progressive healthcare facilities with 500+ beds and over 300 members on medical staff representing 40 specialties. Our state-of-the-art facilities and cutting edge technologies make Benefis an exceptional working environment and one of Becker’s Best Places To Work in Healthcare, 6 years in a row!