Morris Hospital & Healthcare Centers has an employed or contracted option opportunity for a part-time Board Certified Pathologist due to succession within our Pathology Department. Our Pathologists provide all pathology services for the Hospital, Ambulatory Surgery & 30 healthcare centers.
- B/C in Anatomic & Clinical Pathology, Thin-Prep certified & experienced within their field. Blood banking experience is a plus, not required.
- Step into a collegial and career-building opportunity from day one that provides a broad practice, variety of cases and amicable work environment with two other B/C Pathologists who offer a wide-range of expertise.
- Approximately 90% of the work focuses on grossing specimens to final diagnosis (microscopy & cytology), which is divided evenly between Pathologists.
- 1 day per week all Pathologists collaborate on Cases, Policies, Operations & Process Improvement initiatives
- Daily review of frozen sections
- Additional duties include giving evaluations during surgical procedures for Rad, Pulm, Gyne or other non-Gyne departments for adequacy, i.e. fine-needle aspirations.
- Responsible to the Clinical Lab which includes the departments of chemistry, special chemistry, serology, immunology, histology, hematology, coagulation, transfusion medicine & a full microbiology department including susceptibility testing
- Our Laboratory is accredited by the Accreditation Committee of the College of American Pathologists (CAP) and we operate as a Core Lab….of the nearly million tests reported only 7% are sent to Mayo Clinic, our reference lab. The remaining 93% are performed by 65, lab-based employees – most are master-level trained! Our pathology and laboratory staff serve our Level II Trauma Center, Ambulatory Surgery and have a strong referral base from 30 healthcare centers, plus local independent physician offices and long-term care facilities.
- Work 24 hours per pay period as a 0.3FTE employee; extra hours paid when covering up to 40-hour work weeks (onsite) as need arises for the Pathology department, e.g. vacations.