Hiring Department: Psychiatry
Job Type: Full Time
Lowell General Hospital is seeking a Medical Director of Psychiatry to be a leader of our growing psychiatric services at our two campuses of our community hospital in Lowell, Massachusetts. In this role you will oversee psychiatric care on a consultative basis in our inpatient units and in our psychiatric emergency room. You will provide some direct patient care, as well as supervise our staff of psychiatric nurse practitioners. Our population is primarily adult, though we do evaluate children in our emergency rooms as well. We do not have an inpatient psychiatric unit, nor outpatient psychiatric services, so this is primarily a consult/liaison and emergency room position.
Who You Are:
· You enjoy consult liaison psychiatry, including collaborating with medical and surgical teams
· You enjoy emergency psychiatry, and are comfortable with rapid evaluations in one of the busiest psychiatric emergency settings in Massachusetts
· You are comfortable supervising and teaching nurse practitioners
· You enjoy working on multi-disciplinary teams with nurses, nurse practitioners, social workers, and security staff
· You have proven leadership experience
· You desire a weekday position with the potential for occasional weekend call
- You have ability to help shape policies and procedures for treatment areas
· You have a strong knowledge of psychiatric diagnoses and psychopharmacology
· You are highly autonomous but enjoy working with the backings of a strong care team
· Board certified or board eligible psychiatrist
· Eligible for a medical license in the State of MA and have a valid DEA certificate
· Ability to work full-time
Preferred, but not required:
Consultation-liaison fellowship or significant consultation-liaison experience
Work, Live, and Grow:
We continue to cultivate an inclusive work environment for all our employees that's based on growth opportunities, work/life balance, innovation, and collaboration
Why Tufts Medicine:
Lowell General Hospital is a member of Circle Health and a proud member of Tufts Medicine. Tufts Medicine brings together providers and organizations with a shared vision of high-quality care delivered in the setting that serves our patients best. Together, Tufts Medicine brings together exceptional, value-driven providers who are setting a new standard for health care in Massachusetts. Our distributed academic model and highly inclusive culture promotes an evolving health system while providing frictionless care to our patients. Simply stated, Tufts Medicine takes pride in providing the tools and technology it takes for our care teams to provide an unmatched experience.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Social Responsibility: We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creative an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our patients. We warmly welcome all candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and personality.