Inspire health. Serve with Compassion. Be the difference.
Prisma Health and the University of South Carolina School of Medicine are seeking a Division Chief of Geriatric Medicine. Candidates should be Board Certified in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine with specialty certification in Geriatrics. Ideal candidates will have extensive clinical and academic experience in Geriatric Medicine as well as leadership experience.
- Division Chief is involved in outpatient geriatric primary care, ambulatory consultative services, as well as actively developing an inpatient presence.
- Provides education to medical students, Internal Medicine and Family Medicine residents, and Geriatrics fellows.
- Responsible for continued clinical service growth and expansion and enhancing the quality of the division s educational mission.
- Academic appointment with University of South Carolina School of Medicine commensurate with experience.
- Competitive salary
- Paid relocation and malpractice with tail coverage
- Professional expense allowance
- Generous benefits including retirement, health, dental and vision coverage.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness qualified employer
With nearly 30,000 team members, 18 hospitals, 2,984 beds and more than 300 physician practice sites, Prisma Health serves more than 1.2 million unique patients annually. Its goal is to improve the health of all South Carolinians by enhancing clinical quality, the patient experience and access to affordable care, as well as conducting clinical research and training the next generation of medical professionals. For more information, visit www.PrismaHealth.org.
Columbia is the state capital with a diverse population and a large selection of cultural amenities due to the University of South Carolina s 30,000 students. In addition to having an affordable cost of living, it is very family friendly with good schools, a revitalized downtown, nationally ranked zoo and children`s museums. Outdoor activities are a premium due to its rivers, 650 miles of Lake Murray shoreline and state and national parks within 30-minute drives.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and CV to: Lexy Mason, Physician Recruiter, Lexy.Mason@prismahealth.org