Education, Training & Experience Required
- MD or DO, board certified or board eligible in Critical Care Medicine with successful completion of fellowship training in critical care medicine at an accredited institution.
- Must have a commitment to excellence in clinical service, be forward thinking and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary in this environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
- H1b & J1 waiver eligible facility
- 29 bed SICU, 12 bed MICU, and 18 bed CCU
- 2 Intensivists during the day, 12 hour shifts with block schedule.
- Intensivists sign out to the Hospitalist at night, with Intensivists alternating nights on call from home. Hospitalists & Residents cover the ICU at night.
- High acuity ICU with advanced Cardiac: Impella, IABP, ECMO, proning for ARDS, SLED, SCUF
- EMR: Cerner with Dragon for Dictation
- Robust Benefit Package: Up to $90,000 in loan assistance, Sign on Bonus, Relocation, 403b, CME, and much more!
Essential Job Functions:
- Rendering critical care services on behalf of patients in the Hospital s ICU treating all patients consistently with the facilities available, the standards established in the medical community, and applicable law.
- Providing leadership of daily ICU multi-disciplinary rounds, and where applicable, supervision of teaching rounds and clinical activities of the residents during clinical shifts.
- Actively participating in quality management activities of the Sound Physicians Critical Care Program including, but not limited to, the development and implementation of responsive, efficient treatment protocols for commonly treated conditions and evidence-based guidelines for morbidity and mortality reviews.
- Actively participate in all medical and audit activities performed within the Hospital, including the Critical Care Program, including but not limited to, analysis of protocol outliers and inefficient outcomes.