OverviewOB/GYN HospitalistFlorida - More Than a Vacation, It's Home
Pediatrix is seeking to add an OB/GYN Hospitalist to our team at HCA Florida Palms West Hospital in Loxahatchee, FL.
About our company:
- Palms West Hospital is an HCA facility, one of the largest private health systems in Florida
- The New Life Center at Palms West provides private birthing and mother/baby suites
- Over 2100 deliveries annually with an estimated 3200 triage encounters
- Support provided by a Level II NICU and newborn nursery managed by our NICU team
- 4-physician team provides 24/7 coverage of the labor and delivery unit
- Schedule of 7-8 24-hour shifts a month
- There is a team of highly trained specialists available including: MFMs, neonatologists, and full pediatric subspecialty support
- Responsibilities will include delivery attendance, OB triage, patient evaluation and management, surgical assists, fetal monitoring and ER coverage
- Our ideal candidate will have a Florida medical license
- Per diem candidates are welcome to apply
In the past 40 years, Pediatrix Medical Group has successfully grown from a single specialty practice to a national medical group dedicated to women's and children's services. Today our MFM and OB/GYN hospitalist program is the largest in the nation, with 205 MFM specialists and 225 OB/GYN hospitalists providing care in more than 300 hospitals across 20 states.About the hospital:
Palms West Hospital is part of HCA Hospitals, one of the largest private healthcare systems in the nation. This 204-bed acute care facility has been providing services in this western Palm Beach community for over 30 years and offers a wide range of specialty services, including a full service children's hospital and a Level II NICU. The labor and delivery unit consists of private birthing and mother/baby suites with the latest technology in a comforting, secure environment.About the area:
In the heart of the Palm Beaches, Palms West Hospital, can be reached easily from anywhere in South Florida by the Florida Turnpike. The surrounding communities of Wellington, Royal Palm Beach and Loxahatchee all offer a remedy for congested city living. The stunning scenery of native ecosystems can still be found and home lot sizes average over an acre in size. Wellington is known as a world-famous equestrian community hosting Olympic level events and polo matches. The colorful culture and nightlife of downtown West Palm Beach and the international airport lie a mere 15 miles east. A variety of tropical beaches and legendary golf courses are all within a half hour drive. Whether you are seeking new culinary treats at top restaurants, a stroll through one of many outdoor malls, or a night at the region's largest music festival, the Palm Beaches offer many ways to live a cosmopolitan lifestyle.
Effective November 1 st , 2021 Pediatrix will require all employees and new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they qualify for an approved medical and/or religious exemption.Benefits
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
The compensation and benefits referenced is for illustrative purposes only, and will be discussed during and after the interview process.
*Our benefits include:
- Health (various options), life, vision, dental and disability insurance
- 401(k) with annual matching program
- Advanced and continuing medical education
- Leadership training and advancement opportunities
- Employee stock purchase plan at a 15% discount
- Professional liability insurance
- Support and payment for mandatory license/s and hospital credentialing
*These benefits are for full time employees, employees in other types of employment classifications may be eligible for some of these benefits.
Mednax, Inc. and its affiliated practices operating as Pediatrix® Medical Group (Pediatrix) are one of the nation's leading providers of highly specialized health care for women, babies and children. Since 1979, Pediatrix-affiliated clinicians have been committed to providing coordinated, compassionate and clinically excellent services across the continuum of care, both in hospital settings and office-based practices. Specialties including obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine, and neonatology are complemented by 18 pediatric subspecialties and a newly expanded area of primary and urgent care clinics. The group's high-quality, evidence-based care is bolstered by investments in research, education, quality-improvement and safety initiatives.
Today through almost 8,000 employees in 38 states, dedicated teams including physicians, advanced practitioners, clinical leaders, business and operational experts work together every day to fulfill our mission to take great care of the patient®. We invite you to join the Pediatrix® family and help shape the future of health care for women, babies and children.Pediatrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.QualificationsResponsibilities