$200K Student Loan Forgiveness, $25K Starting Bonus, $25K Retention Bonus and more!
Guthrie is seeking a Fellowship Trained or in certification process, Critical Care Anesthesiologist to work in the care team model with a collegial group of 14 Anesthesiologists and 22 CRNAs. Academic/Faculty opportunities are available for our new Anesthesiology Residency Program.
Excellent physicians and advanced practitioners choose Guthrie because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. The Guthrie clinic was founded on the principle that people in small towns deserve the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and physician-led, we deliver on that promise through an integrated health care delivery system caring for patients across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
Guthrie s Robert Packer Hospital-based anesthesia department provides support for various specialties, including oncologic surgery, cardiothoracic surgery, vascular surgery, neurosurgery, trauma (Level II), orthopedics (regional anesthesia blocks), plastic surgery, otorhinolaryngology (including pediatrics), labor and delivery, gynecology, urology, gastroenterology, ophthalmology, interventional radiology, cardiology, and pulmonary medicine.
We are glad you are interested in joining our team..
To start the conversation and learn more about Guthrie email, call or text Stefano Ringer, Physician and APP Recruiter, Guthrie Medical Group. firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 607.426.6009 (cell).
Highlights of the Position
- New Anesthesiology Residency Program started July 2020
- Supervise, coordinate, and manage the patient's care with the ICU team and work closely with the surgeons and other specialty consultants as needed.
- Practice in 18 state-of-the-art operating rooms, occasionally in cardiac operating room
- Teaching opportunities with regular rotations of residents and medical students
- Robust EHR used in all areas, including operating room (EPIC 10-Star health system, top 1% of EPIC Organizations)
- Anesthesia Techs available to assist in procedures
- Anesthesia Department manages OR schedule, providing the necessary structure for a smooth, efficient workday
Work Life Balance
- Limited call schedule
- 4-Weeks vacation time for new Physicians
- 5 Personal days per year
- 7 Holidays
- Generous CME see below
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Above industry average salary and bonus structure
- $200K Student Loan Forgiveness
- $25K Starting Bonus
- $25K Retention Bonus
- $15K Quality/Citizenship Bonus available yearly
- Full benefits including medical, dental and disability insurance
- Malpractice/Liability Insurance including tail coverage
- Guthrie retirement savings plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions match (1/2 of first 6% that you invest) and (1-3.5%) age-based contributions
- Allowance for licensure fees, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate, and renewals
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis
- Meeting time 14 days with options for home study (Up to one week may be converted to vacation time)
- $3,400 annually for conference registration, certifications, membership fees for specialty specific medical societies
- Teaching opportunities Guthrie has 5 residency programs plus the Anesthesia Residency as of 2020. The successful candidate also has the potential to participate in the medical student education. Guthrie is a regional campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities available
- Relocation expenses paid up to $15K for qualified candidates (subject to taxes)
- Trailing Spouse placement assistance available
- Physician professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated on-boarding specialist and provider services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
About the Area
This region offers breathtaking natural beauty and provides a quiet, safe environment for families with beautiful homes and neighborhoods. With plenty of cultural and sports activities of its own, Guthrie s central location affords the benefits of dining, shopping, culture and recreation in small cities and communities, with easy access to big cities like New York and Philadelphia.
The Guthrie Clinic is a non-profit, integrated, practicing physician-led organization in the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 366 physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Medical Education Programs include General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Anesthesiology and Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, as well as Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology and Pulmonary Critical Care Fellowship programs. Guthrie is also a clinical campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery.