The Saint Alphonsus Health Alliance is seeking an experienced, Board Certified physician to join its senior leadership team as Executive Medical Director located in Boise, Idaho.
Beginning their work in 2012, The Saint Alphonsus Health Alliance (SAHA) is a physician-led network of 3,000+ providers sponsored by Saint Alphonsus Health System. SAHA is a Clinically Integrated Network (CIN) based on a strategy to tightly align physicians, hospitals, and payers to provide better access to care, better clinical quality and to control costs. Utilizing common clinical guidelines, data sharing and performance measurements, the Executive Medical Director will help guide the CIN in advancing quality, efficiencies, and overall care coordination across the continuum.
The ideal candidate for SAHA EMD is a physician with Medical Director experience, knowledge of managed care plans, demonstrated history of success in guiding groups to efficiently provide the highest quality, evidence-based care, and working to improve the patient care experience and overall health of the community.
This is a full-time (1.0 FTE) opportunity which requires a 0.8 or 0.9 FTE Administrative commitment and 0.1 or 0.2 FTE clinical role. The schedule for this opportunity is a traditional Monday Friday work week.
Requirements for this opportunity include:
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) degree
- Successful completion of an ACGME accredited residency program
- Board certification
- Current, unrestricted medical license in Idaho & Oregon, or ability to obtain
- Five years of leadership experience in one or more healthcare organizations
- Master's degree in Health Care Administration or Business preferred
- Experience working in a healthcare payer organization preferred
- Knowledge of advanced payment models; care management; clinical documentation; clinical integration; managed care; provider credentialing; payer contracting; performance-based incentive programs; performance improvement methodologies (e.g., lean, six sigma, etc.); population health; quality indicators; risk coding; and utilization management is preferred
An excellent compensation and benefits package is available for the right candidate including:
- Sign-on Incentives
- Student Loan Repayment
- PTO & CME Allocation
- Malpractice Insurance (Incl. Tail)
- Retirement (403b)
ABOUT THE FACILITY
Saint Alphonsus Health Alliance (SAHA) is a physician-led network sponsored by Saint Alphonsus Health System. The Alliance represents a new model of healthcare delivery, known as a Clinically Integrated Network. Our Clinically Integrated Network is based on a strategy to tightly align physicians, hospitals and payers to provide better access to care, better clinical quality and control costs.
The Alliance's work in the health reform environment is advanced through various innovative initiatives such as:
- Advancing an open and pluralistic model of both employed and independent physicians to participate in clinical integration initiatives
- Deliver effective, compassionate, and integrated care through a patient-centric model.
- Educating our communities on health insurance coverage offerings through the Idaho and Oregon health insurance exchanges by helping residents of the communities we serve compare and select competitive health coverage based on the unique needs of their own families and household budgets
- At the heart of our physician-led organization is a Clinically Integrated Network (CIN), which works to advance quality, efficiencies and overall care coordination across the continuum. The CIN focuses on common clinical guidelines, data sharing and performance measurement.
The Alliance is sponsored by Saint Alphonsus Health System, a growing four-hospital, 714-bed integrated healthcare system serving the full range of the health and wellness needs of the people in southwestern Idaho, eastern Oregon and northern Nevada. The system is comprised of Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center in Boise, Idaho, Saint Alphonsus Medical Center in Nampa, Idaho, Saint Alphonsus Medical Center in Ontario, Oregon and Saint Alphonsus Medical Center in Baker City, Oregon.
Saint Alphonsus Health System is a member of Trinity Health, the second largest Catholic Health System in the nation. Trinity Health is based in Livonia, Michigan.
For more information about Saint Alphonsus Health System, www.saintalphonsus.org
Boise, Idaho's Capital City, anchors a vibrant and growing mid-sized metropolitan area of 730,000 people. An outdoor enthusiast's paradise with a flourishing arts and entertainment scene, the region offers a reasonable cost of living, low crime rate, excellent cultural programs, neighborhood parks and nearby forests and rivers. Idaho's culture of physician independence also makes it one of the best places in America to be a practicing physician. The Boise Metro Area is consistently listed as one of the best places in the country to live, work and play! For more information on Boise, ID please visit www.cityofboise.org.
ABOUT TRINITY HEALTH
Trinity Health is one of the largest multi-institutional Catholic health care delivery systems in the nation. We serve people and communities in 22 states from coast to coast with more than 90 hospitals and 100 continuing care facilities including home care, hospice, PACE and senior living facilities and programs that provide nearly two and a half million visits annually. Trinity Health employs more than 133,000 colleagues, including 7,800 employed physicians and clinicians.
Our mission: We, Trinity Health, serve together in the spirit of the Gospel as a compassionate and transforming healing presence within our communities. We support this mission by living our core values of Reverence, Commitment to Those Who are Poor, Justice, Stewardship, and Integrity. Committed to recruiting talented physicians, we are looking for physicians who share our values and want to help us fulfill the health care needs of the communities we serve.
At Trinity Health, we value the physician relationship and focus on partnering with our physicians. Whether you are a practicing physician looking to relocate or a medical resident, we offer opportunities with the flexibility to fit your individual needs. If you would like to be part of Trinity Health, we encourage you to explore this opportunity at www.trinity-health.org.