Psychiatry - Associate Program Director Opportunity
- Trinity Health
- Livonia, Michigan
- Closing date
- Aug 10, 2023
- Part Time
- Position Type
IHA and St. Mary Mercy Hospital have an excellent part-time (0.25 FTE) opportunity for a Psychiatry physician to serve as Associate Program Director for the Psychiatry Residency Program located in Livonia, Michigan.
The Associate Program Director exemplifies commitment to leadership in resident education and program administration to meet the goal of continuous program improvement. Working with and reporting to the psychiatry residency program director (PD), the associate program director (APD) will support the PD in the organization, implementation and supervision of the training program, and maintain certain specific responsibilities. Duties will include but not be limited to resident recruitment, orientation, evaluation and remediation, clinical and didactic teaching, curriculum development, program evaluation and improvement, and supervision and mentoring of residents.
The APD will dedicate no less than 25% per week of his or her professional effort to administrative and educational activities of the psychiatry residency program. This activity is independent of clinical activity and will occur in combination with 65% clinical time and 10% academic time. Alternatively, the APD role could be combined with other educational administrative roles, as available/appropriate, resulting in a smaller amount of clinical time, though not less than 50%.
The APD will be expected to participate in national organizations and in educational programs designed to enhance his/her educational and administrative skills (e.g., AADPRT, ACGME, Academic Psychiatry). The APD will demonstrate outstanding clinical care and supervision of residents. The APD will serve as a role model of professionalism and decorum to residents, faculty, and staff.
- In conjunction with the PD, oversee and ensure the quality of didactic and clinical education in participating sites; the APD will chair or co-chair the program's Curriculum Committee in furtherance of this goal.
- Chair the Clinical Competency Committee, ensure compliance with the ACGME Milestones policy and the timely completion of faculty/staff evaluations of residents.
- Manage and maintain the faculty clinical and on-call schedules.
- Advise the program director on evaluation of faculty and decisions related to their continued participation in the program.
- Support and assist the PD in faculty development activities and lead quarterly sessions each academic year.
- Support and assist the PD in the preparation and submission of information required and requested by the ACGME, including annual surveys, application forms, and annual program updates to the ADS.
- Support and assist the PD to ensure compliance with grievance and due process procedures as set forth in the Institutional Requirements and SMMH GME policies; at the request of the PD the APD may serve as the first level of review of a resident's clinical performance or behavioral concern.
- Support and assist the PD in implementation of policies and procedures consistent with the institutional and program requirements for resident duty hours and the work environment, including moonlighting.
- Be knowledgeable of and in compliance with ACGME and SMMH and Trinity Health policies and procedures.
Program Mentorship and Scholarship:
- Mentor the PG1 and/or PGY2 resident class representatives or other residents as designated by the PD.
- Assist in the selection and mentoring of the PGY4 Co-Chief Residents and PGY3 Associate Chief Resident.
- Participate in resident scholarship with a goal of two scholarly products per year, e.g., posters, abstracts, papers, or presentations.
- Write letters of recommendation for residents.
- Submit workshop proposals, paper presentations, participate as a panelist/discussant at one organization at least every other year.
- Serve on national committees or task forces as able.
- Degree of Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathy.
- Completion of an ACGME-accredited psychiatry residency.
- Demonstrated interest in the biopsychosocial approach to psychiatric education.
- Previous experience supervising and mentoring residents.
- Leadership skills and abilities commensurate to the position with preference to previous experience in educational leadership roles; creativity, flexibility, adaptability, judgment, and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated excellence in patient care and teaching.
- Demonstrated high levels of professionalism in interactions with supervisors, peers, and supervisees.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Meet all core faculty requirements.
This is an outstanding opportunity for the right Psychiatry physician to join the Psychiatry Residency program at St. Mary Mercy Hospital.
An excellent compensation and benefits package is available for the right candidate including:
- Competitive base rate and compensation plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Benefits; 403b, 457
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Profession Malpractice Coverage with Tail Coverage
ABOUT THE FACILITY
IHA is one of the best and largest multi-specialty groups in Michigan. IHA employs more than 1,600 staff members, which includes more than 800 providers consisting of: physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and midwives in approximately 70 practice locations across Southeast Michigan, including 36 Specialties. IHA provides high-quality medical care and excellent service to nearly 485,000 active patients. For more information about IHA, visit www.ihacares.com.
St. Mary Mercy Livonia (SMML) is located in Livonia, Michigan and provides acute-care medical and health services to our community. St. Mary Mercy Livonia is part of Saint Joseph Mercy Health System, which includes St. Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor, St. Joseph Mercy Livingston, St. Joseph Mercy Oakland and St. Joseph Mercy Chelsea. Saint Joseph Mercy Health System is a member of Trinity Health, one of the largest Catholic health care organizations in the United States.
Livonia, Michigan - With a population of nearly 100,000, Livonia is Michigan s eighth-largest city and one of the most-stable family communities in the United States. Livonia is located in the northwest corner of Wayne County, halfway between Detroit and Ann Arbor. For decades, Livonia has ranked as one of the leading large communities for family services, education, public safety, and recreational opportunities.
ABOUT TRINITY HEALTH
Trinity Health is one of the largest multi-institutional Catholic health care delivery systems in the nation. We serve people and communities in 22 states from coast to coast with more than 90 hospitals and 100 continuing care facilities including home care, hospice, PACE and senior living facilities and programs that provide nearly two and a half million visits annually. Trinity Health employs more than 133,000 colleagues, including 7,800 employed physicians and clinicians.
Apply for Psychiatry - Associate Program Director Opportunity
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert