A Highly Visible Role in the Hospital
For those considering a future as a physician executive, this role is an excellent professional development opportunity! As a Medical Director of Advisory Services, you will work elbow-to-elbow with physicians, staff, hospital leadership, and utilization management personnel to provide direct education and support in key areas including patient status, clinical documentation, compliance, and utilization management (UM).
- Act as a bridge between medical staff and case management, interpreting the most complicated UM issues and serving as an expert resource for other clinicians
- Ensure clinicians receive proper credit for the work they do through improved documentation
- Impact hospital health and support fellow physicians
Our physician advisors are trained in best practice clinical documentation and workflows, concurrent, secondary reviews, and performance improvement. This role provides the opportunity to use your clinical expertise away from the bedside. A rewarding part of being a physician advisor is providing continuous improvement feedback through physician-to-physician education.
Join A Collegial Practice Where you Will Thrive
With the Sound Advisory Services clinical management team s support, you will expand your knowledge, drive value, and steward the well-being and financial stability of the hospital. A medical director of advisory services is a highly visible leadership opportunity for a motivated and engaged physician with a minimum of 3 years of inpatient medicine and advisory experience required. Board certification (base specialty) recognized by ABMS or ABQAURP Critical care, emergency medicine, or hospitalist experience preferred.
- Quality of Life: Monday through Friday and no call
- Benefits: Comprehensive Sound Physicians benefits package including 15 paid days off
- Education: CME allowance, paid CME time off, and a comprehensive training and onboarding program
- Development: Mentoring from the Sound Advisory Services clinical leadership team
We deliver high-quality case reviews and audit defense services to our partner hospitals while driving measurable changes to compliance, and key metrics such as case mix index and length of stay.
Location & Lifestyle
St. Bernardine Medical Center delivers quality and compassionate care and state-of-the-art services to meet the needs of the community. They have been recognized for Cranial Neurosurgery Excellence Award , received America s 100 Best Hospitals for Spine Surgery Award, and are a recipient of the Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award.
San Bernardino has grown into a bustling urban destination that will offer you an array of outdoor experiences with a beautiful backdrop of all four seasons. San Bernardino highlights Big Bear and Snow Summit Mountains that give you skiing, fishing, biking, and special events year-round. With affordable living costs, paired with close proximity to Los Angeles, Palm Springs, and San Diego, San Bernardino is located in the heart of Southern California, nestled at the base of local mountain resorts. Known as the friendly city , hospitality and value come first and you will look forward to year-round sunshine. With an elevation of 1049 feet above sea level, San Bernardino is within a short driving distance of beaches, deserts, and mountain resorts
- Top-rated schools
- Local mountain resort w/fishing, hiking, and snowboarding
- Palm Springs (less than 1 hour from San Bernardino)
- Beautiful desert w/Golf, Tennis, Spas
- Affordable housing