A Patient Safety Officer is sought at NYU Langone for Tisch Hospital. A full-time, hospital-based obstetrician is needed to oversee quality and safety in our busy Labor and Delivery unit accounting for over 5,200 deliveries annually and growing patient census. The Safety Officer must be board certified with a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Provide immediate and back up care for all Obstetrical patients
- Meet and observe each OB patient on Labor and Delivery when the patient’s attending is not physically present in the hospital
- Meet and observe each OB patient in other parts of the hospital, including but not limited to SICU, MICU and antepartum unit
- Be Present at all STAT Cesarean Sections, all anticipated difficult deliveries including twin vaginal deliveries, deliveries experiencing excessive blood loss and anticipated shoulder dystocia
- Cover epidural anesthesia for OB patients in the absence of the patient’s attending physician
- Review, document and bill for all Labor and Delivery Ultrasounds performed during their shift in the appropriate reporting system (AS OB/GYN or Viewpoint)
- Review, document and bill with the care team, including but not limited to the resident/house officer/ PA, all patients presenting to OB ED
- Act as a consultant for ED patients who are pregnant and have no attending of record and OB or GYN hospitalist is not available
- Act as a secondary consultant for GYN cases in both the ED and the floor, the primary consultant for such patients should be the GYN Hospitalist
- MD or DO
- Completion of an ACGME accredited Residency Program
- Board Certified in OB/GYN
- Licensed in the State of NY
- 5 years of General OB or MFM practice following residency/fellowship
- Actively participate in clinical research projects occurring on the OB service
Interested candidates should apply online through http://apply.interfolio.com/111233
Provide cover letter and current CV along with timing expectations.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.