Needed: Hand/General Orthopedic Surgeon to join active, growing practice
Frederick Health Medical Group, a 130+ provider multi-specialty group in Frederick, MD, seeks an additional BC/BE orthopedic surgeon to join as the primary hand specialist.
- Opportunity to build a robust hand, wrist and upper extremity practice in a multispecialty group.
- Fellowship training required. Candidate must feel comfortable with a component of general orthopedics.
- Health system offers a comprehensive rehabilitation program with Certified Hand Therapist.
- Medical group surgeons practice at a highly efficient and highly rated ambulatory surgery center for appropriate cases.
- Clinic provider staff includes 4 surgeons, 2 Primary Care Sports Medicine physicians & 3 APPs with support staff budgeted to grow as surgical positions added.
- Health system integrated imaging and therapy services.
- ED call shared with community providers.
- Coverage of patients belonging to the practice during off hours and weekends/holidays.
- The Emergency Department provides 24-hour services for the residents of Frederick and surrounding counties. Although caring for more than 65,000 adult and pediatric patients a year, it is not a designated trauma center.
- Opportunity to build an elective orthopedic surgical practice in a desirable suburb of Washington DC and Baltimore MD while having the security of full-time employment, single hospital system and quality of life offered in a wonderful environment.
We offer a competitive total compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including health system medical benefits and self-insured malpractice coverage.
Frederick is the second largest city in Maryland and is a family-oriented community that has highly ranked public and private schools. Frederick offers both urban and suburban living as well as a variety of attractions, parks, recreational facilities, wineries, breweries, antique shops, restaurants, and entertainment venues.
As the gateway to western Maryland with its mountainous views and clustered spires skyline, Frederick is best known for its civil war history and its 40 block historic district. Located within an hour drive of Washington, DC and Baltimore, this historic small city is an easy and fun place to live.