Newton Wellesley Hospital (NWH) is seeking an experienced physician leader to serve as The Chair of the Department of Pediatrics. The Chair will support the mission and values of NWH and promote its welfare; work with Mass General Brigham through Pediatric committees and any special assignments, while maintaining a primary loyalty to and focus on promotion of Pediatric services at NWH. The Chair will be expected to perform clinical, administrative, and educational responsibilities.
What You’ll Work On:
- Ensure continuous coverage of pediatric services for NWH and the quality of the clinical performance of all physicians in the Department
- Oversee the operation of the NWH Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Assume a leadership role in safety and quality programs for the Department of Pediatrics and all pediatric patients
- Participate with Administration in the development and preparation, as well as the implementation, of the annual operating and capital budgets for the Department of Pediatrics
- Participate collaboratively in the hiring process for staff members of the Department of Pediatrics
- Ensure a high quality educational curriculum for medical students and other trainees
- Take an active teaching role within the Department
Newton-Wellesley Hospital is a comprehensive medical center located in Newton, MA. We provide the services and expertise of a major medical facility with the convenience and personal attention of a community hospital. Our team is committed to delivering high-quality, safe, efficient medical care to each of our patients.
We are a member of Mass General Brigham, a network founded by Massachusetts General Hospital and Brigham and Women’s Hospital. Our Mass General Brigham affiliation allows us to provide our patients with access to the best community-based medicine and the most advanced specialty care in the world.
Mass General Brigham HealthCare System is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send CV and Letter of Interest to Dr. Julian Robinson, Chief Medical Officer, at JNROBINSON@BWH.HARVARD.EDU.