ID#: 1227420 Hiring Department:
Pathology Job Type:
To support its thriving clinical service, the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at Tufts Medical Center is seeking a full-time Thoracic Pathologist.
We encourage you to learn more about our opportunity below if you're a highly motivated physician who enjoys working in a collegiate, team-based environment and you garner expertise in the care of patients with unique and challenging echocardiography issues.Why join our team:
The Department of Pathology is accredited by both the College of American Pathologists and the American Association of Blood Banks. The Anatomic Pathology service accessioned approximately 13,500 specimens in 2019 (pre-COVID pandemic), including a variety of biopsies, large surgical specimens, and approximately 25 bone marrow cases. There were over 11,000 GYN pap cytology and approximately 600 Non- GYN cytology cases in 2019 with GU and breast services expected to increase. The clinical laboratory services include clinical chemistry, hematology, transfusion services, microbiology, and among others.
Tufts Medical Center is an internationally respected academic medical center located in downtown Boston, adjacent to the Tufts University School of Medicine and a proud member of the Wellforce Healthcare System. The Medical Center is known for its basic, translational and clinical science research as well as its expertise in health policy. The Medical Center is in the top 10 percent of independent institutions receiving federal research funding. Our mission of advancing knowledge and training students to become future investigators drives us forward to quickly turn innovative research into pioneering care. Join Tufts Medical Center Physician Organization in our mission to heal, to comfort, to teach, to learn and to seek knowledge to promote health and prevent disease. How you'll transform patient care:
Who you are:
- You'll participate in general surgical pathology sign-out with subspecialty focus, clinical conferences, and resident, fellow and medical school teaching
- You'll have ample opportunities and support for clinical, translational, and basic science research
- You'll quality for an academic appointment at Tufts University School of Medicine at the rank of Assistant, Associate or Full Professor
- BC/BE in AP/CP
- Fellowship training and/or substantial experience in Cytopathology and Pulmonary Pathology
- Additional subspecialty experience in heart and hematopathology is desired
- Possess an MD (or equivalent) or an MD (or equivalent)/PhD
- Eligible for and obtain a medical license in the State of Massachusetts
- Outstanding clinical skills, a strong interest in teaching pathology residents, fellows, and medical students
- For experienced candidates the potential exists for a leadership position as the Medical Director of Cytology
Tufts Medical Center, the principal teaching hospital for Tufts University School of Medicine in Downtown Boston.Why Tufts Medicine:
Tufts Medical Center is a proud member of Tufts Medicine. Tufts Medicine brings together providers and organizations with a shared vision of high-quality care delivered in the setting that serves our patients best. Together, Wellforce brings together the strength of both academic medicine and community care. Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Social Responsibility:
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creative an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our patients. We warmly welcome all candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and personality.