Join the authority in medicine and partner with the nation’s best hospital (U.S. News & World Report 2021-2022), ranked #1 in more specialties than any other care provider. At Mayo Clinic, we believe there is a better path to healing that humanizes the practice of health care and inspires hope in the people who need it most. You will be part of an amazing diverse team committed to solving the most serious and complex medical challenges – one patient at a time.
Mayo Clinic offers a variety of employee benefits. For additional information please visit Mayo Clinic Benefits. Eligibility may vary.
Mayo Clinic is seeking a board certified academic Pulmonary physician to join our practice in Jacksonville, Florida. This position is best suited to a clinician scientist who has established an independent and nationally recognized line of research. Candidates with expertise and interest in advanced respiratory failure with a particular focus on interstitial lung diseases (ILD) are highly desired and would be a competitive candidate for this opportunity. In this predominantly ambulatory practice with some inpatient general pulmonary consultative rotations, the candidate would focus on complex patients affected by ILD and advanced respiratory failure, working collaboratively with separate colleagues in the Pulmonary Vascular Clinic and the Lung Transplant team.
Our ideal candidate will have been in clinical practice for several years resulting in the identification and development of the subspecialty focus areas mentioned above, as well as have had established grant funding or be competitive for such funding.
The position attributes include:
* Opportunities to further develop subspecialty expertise in inpatient and/or outpatient medicine depending on the candidate's background and interests.
* An academic appointment with the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science.
* Access to an integrated multidisciplinary practice on one campus.
* Engagement with our pulmonary and critical care fellowship program.
* Direct collaboration with lung transplant team with an on campus ex vivo lung perfusion program.
* Join the Mayo Clinic Florida's innovative campus, poised for continued growth with large capital, technology, and people investments occurring in the Department of Medicine, Neurosciences, Biomanufacturing and Next Generation Therapeutics, Advanced Care at Home, and Transplant Medicine.
QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates must be board-certified in pulmonary medicine and be eligible for Florida licensure.
Jacksonville is the largest city in area in the continental United States. A beautiful coastal Florida city that features excellent year-round climate, over 20 miles of beaches and outstanding outdoor recreational, cultural and family-oriented amenities. The “River City by the Sea” has an excellent school system, reasonable cost of living and a thriving business environment. Medical professionals and patients are drawn to Jacksonville by an extraordinary network of high-profile healthcare facilities. Jacksonville continues to grow as more people relocate from all over the U.S. and abroad, to see what the great River City has to offer!