Gastroenterology Division Chief Opportunity
- Prisma Health
- Columbia, South Carolina
- Closing date
- Aug 5, 2023
- Full Time
- Position Type
Prisma Health, the largest not-for-profit healthcare provider in South Carolina, seeks a BC/BE Gastroenterologist with leadership experience to serve as Division Chief. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years as a clinician-educator with a background in patient care, teaching, and scholarship. Research experience and a successful record of funding is a plus. Candidate should possess strong interpersonal and administrative skills to manage an academic gastroenterology division with an active involvement in the teaching of residents and medical students.
- Help transform the division into an extensive clinical and academic team with the vision and mission to become the State of South Carolina clinical and academic digestive diseases center of excellence.
- Develop and implement physician lead clinical programs in the outpatient and inpatient settings
- Provide an integrated team approach for various GI problems focusing on patient needs and demands.
- Flexibility to develop any area of special interest within gastroenterology.
- Fully accredited Internal Medicine Residency as well as 8 ACGME subspecialty fellowship programs.
- Opportunities for teaching residents and medical students with the vision to develop and ACGME accredited Gastroenterology fellowship.
- Academic appointment with University of South Carolina School of Medicine is commensurate with experience.
- Competitive salary
- Paid Relocation and Malpractice with tail coverage
- Professional allowance
- Generous benefits including retirement, health, dental and vision coverage.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Employer
With nearly 30,000 team members, 18 hospitals, 2,984 beds and more than 300 physician practice sites, Prisma Health serves more than 1.2 million unique patients annually. Its goal is to improve the health of all South Carolinians by enhancing clinical quality, the patient experience and access to affordable care, as well as conducting clinical research and training the next generation of medical professionals. For more information, visit PrismaHealth.org.
Columbia is the state capital with a diverse population and a large selection of cultural amenities due to the University of South Carolina s 30,000 students. In addition to having an affordable cost of living, it is very family friendly with good schools, a revitalized downtown, nationally ranked zoo, and children`s museums. Outdoor activities are a premium due to its rivers, 650 miles of Lake Murray shoreline and state and national parks within a 30-minute drive.
Prisma Health is an equal opportunity employer which proudly values diversity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Apply for Gastroenterology Division Chief Opportunity
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert