Prisma Health, the largest not-for-profit healthcare provider in South Carolina, seeks fellowship trained Emergency Medicine and Toxicology physicians to lead our medical toxicology efforts in the Department of Emergency Medicine, University of South Carolina School of Medicine Greenville. The Director will help grow educational programs, and clinical services (through a medical toxicology inpatient consult service) in the setting of an innovative model of Emergency Medicine at Prisma Health.
With nearly 30,000 team members, 18 hospitals, 2,984 beds and more than 300 physician practice sites, Prisma Health serves more than 1.2 million unique patients annually. Its goal is to improve the health of all South Carolinians by enhancing clinical quality, the patient experience and access to affordable care, as well as conducting clinical research and training the next generation of medical professionals. Visit www.PrismaHealth.org for more information.
Greenville, South Carolina is a beautiful place to live and work in a catchment area of 1.3 million people. Greenville is located on the I-85 corridor between Atlanta and Charlotte and is one of the fastest growing areas in the country. Ideally situated near beautiful mountains, beaches and lakes, we enjoy a diverse and thriving economy, excellent quality of life, with wonderful cultural and educational opportunities.
- Regional referral, acute care, tertiary care hospital (with 600+ beds and more than 100 ICU beds)
- Level 1 Adult Trauma Center and Level 2 Pediatric Trauma Center
- Accredited Transplant program
- Dedicated Pediatric Emergency Department within the Children s Hospital
- Five Community Hospital Emergency Departments
- Accredited Chest Pain, STEMI, and Comprehensive Stroke Centers
- Regional ground and air EMS Systems
- Accredited 3-year Emergency Medicine Residency Program
- Advanced Emergency Ultrasound and Medical Education Fellowship programs
- Competitive salary and Professional education allowance
- Paid relocation and malpractice with tail coverage
- Generous benefits including retirement, health, dental and vision coverage.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Employer
- Board certification in Emergency Medicine and Toxicology (or eligibility for recent Toxicology Fellowship graduates)
- Track record of contributions to Emergency Medicine and Toxicology subspecialty practice, education, and scholarship
- Active clinical practice of emergency medicine and medical toxicology consultation.
Prisma Health is an equal opportunity employer which proudly values diversity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.