The Department of OBGYN is a unified department across two campuses, Jacobi and North Central Bronx. Both facilities are members of NYC Health + Hospitals, the largest public health system in the country, and serve the diverse community in the surrounding neighborhoods of the Bronx and lower Westchester County. Jacobi and North Central Bronx (NCB) are major clinical affiliates and teaching sites of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine and have recently developed a teaching relationship with City University of New York. Jacobi is a 457-bed tertiary referral center with a level 3 NICU. NCB is a 232-bed community hospital with a loyal patient following. Both sites are designated baby friendly and together deliver approximately 3000 births annually.
The faculty represent all specialties within OBGYN including MFM, genetics, gyn oncology, minimally invasive surgery, urogynecology, and reproductive endocrinology. We have a collaborative practice model with midwives practicing full scope midwifery and physician assistants supporting the antepartum and perioperative services. The department focuses on delivering the highest quality care to our patients. We employ multidisciplinary simulation, huddling, and debriefs to promote teamwork and standard care to continually improve our processes. We have an experienced faculty that is eager to develop academically and work collaboratively with nurses, midwives and physician assistants. Additionally, we have a teaching gyn surgical service which trains residents and students.
The OBGYN generalist sees patients in the ambulatory setting, schedules cases for the OR, and covers L&D and GYN inpatient services on day and night shifts. A typical work week is divided into 8 hour shifts for outpatient coverage and GYN surgery and 12 hour shifts for L&D and GYN inpatient coverage.
- 90 % Clinical effort, 10 % admin time for chart review, teaching, education
- One 24 hour weekend call per month
- Graduate of an accredited medical school.
- Completed residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology in a RRC or AGME accredited residency program.
- Possess or eligible for a license to practice medicine in New York State.
- Board Certified or Eligible by the American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology.
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to hire.
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance, including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
For more information regarding this opportunity, please email your CV to Loretta Modesto, Senior Physician Recruiter for PAGNY, at ModestoL@pagny.org
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY people do more than diagnose and treat; we uplift the spirits and dignity of patients because we love what we do, and it shows. PAGNY is committed to recruiting and retaining productive and enthusiastic physicians and promotes our health professionals wellness.
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V