The position is primarily a clinical position related to the diagnosis, treatment and clinical management of pediatric patients in a multidisciplinary environment that includes physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners, clinical scientists and social workers. The position offers a mix of general and high acuity pediatric patients in outpatient and inpatient settings. The position also includes teaching and supervision of medical residents and provides opportunities to participate in research and publishing.
- Applies knowledge of growth and development in customer interactions and treatment.
- Continues to actively self-educate (i.e., reading journals, CME credits, MCH conferences, etc.).
- Coordinates and/or develops and delivers monthly inservices to meet staff and resident development needs.
- Coordinates follow-up of tests, lab studies, and patient follow-up phone calls.
- Directly provides clinical services to patients including, but not limited to: Performing and recording history and physical examinations, Recording and interpreting pertinent patient data, Developing and documenting a treatment plan, Writing routine orders for appropriate laboratory studies, x-rays and consultations, Performing patient/parent teaching, Assisting with patient follow-up, Performing appropriate screenings, Administering medications as required, Ordering and/or performing therapeutic and diagnostic procedures as indicated by patient findings.
- Makes suggestions to Department Director and/or attending staff that may be beneficial to the improvement of the department.
- Participates in Performance Improvement, Research and Publishing.
- Participates in teaching of and is role model to medical students and residents.
- Participates in the call schedule as assigned.
- Board certified or eligible in the appropriate subspecialty(ies).
- Current BCLS-CPR card.
- Florida medical license, DEA.
- MD or DO degree from accredited medical school.
- Meets MCH medical staff credentialing requirements