MultiCare Health System seeks a BE/BC adult Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Physiatrist to join its thriving practice based in Tacoma, WA, at Tacoma General Hospital. Physicians affiliated with MultiCare are recognized as being among the best healthcare providers in the Northwest Region with an expansive primary care clinical network as well as both adult and pediatric specialists providing easy access for patient consultations right here in the community.
What we have to offer:
• Competitive compensation package to include sign on, relocation, and student loan repayment incentives
• Substantial benefits: medical, dental, annual leave, CME, retirement, and malpractice insurance (including tail)
• 24/7 in-house hospitalists consulting on the inpatient rehabilitation unit
• An experienced, passionate, and collaborative team of five Physiatrists
What you will do:
• Provide PM&R Consults for patients with complex rehabilitation needs, or might be candidates for the inpatient rehab program.
• Participate in one week of inpatient rehabilitation call coverage every sixth week at Good Samaritan Hospital in Puyallup, WA.
• Follow 8-12 patients per day providing input on spinal cord injury, brain injury, stroke, multiple trauma, neurogenic bowel/bladder, skin integrity, amputation, and other complex medical rehab cases.
• Collaborate with inpatient Rehabilitation Psychology, inpatient Neuropsychology, inpatient adaptive driving program, dedicated outpatient Rehabilitation Nursing Clinic and community outreach programs for TBI, stroke, and SCI populations.
What you will need:
• Preference for candidates with aptitude in neuro-rehabilitative consultation management
• Board certified/eligible in Physical Medicine, and Rehabilitation by the time of employment
• Licensed in the state of WA by the time of employment
• DEA, NPI & prescriptive authority
• Current BLS for Healthcare Providers certification by the American Heart Association
• Washington’s largest community-based, locally governed, not-for-profit health system
• “Most Wired” healthcare system 10 years in a row
• Named to Forbes “America’s Best Employers"
• Live in a PNW locale that offers breathtaking forest, mountain, and water views
• Easy drive to Seattle, Portland, SeaTac Airport, and Victoria, BC by way of ferry