This position will be located at Womack Army Medical Center, Fort Bragg, NC.
Womack is located in Fayetteville,Fort Bragg which is 2 hours from the beach and 5 hours from the Appalachian Mountains with easy access to I-95 and all points north and south. This central North Carolina location enjoys seasonably palatable weather year-round. Many facilities and services are offered such as first class golfing venues and renowned universities, a skeet range, riding stables, ice skating rink, state-of-the-art fitness centers, daycare, star-quality dining, full service banking, convenience shop, barbershop, and florist.
Fayetteville, NC: http://fayetteville.northcarolina.com/
Womack Army Medical Center: https://womack.tricare.mil/Responsibilities
As a Supervisory Physician Anesthesist you will:
- Provide comprehensive consultative services including problem focused histories and physical examinations.
- Perform advanced diagnostic and therapeutic invasive procedures as appropriate to treat acute, chronic and cancer pain.
- Formulate treatment plans for pain management patients within the scope of practice and as such is the subject matter expert on the development of pain management treatment plans.
- Write or dictate physical profiles, medical evaluation boards, fitness for duty evaluations, or other related documentation appropriately.
- Educate patients, families, primary care providers, surgeons and other medical specialist about medications and treatment regimens, the quantity of medications, their complex mechanisms of actions and potentially dangerous side effects.
- Maintain surgical skills for spinal cord stimulator trials and surgical implants as well as intrathecal (spinal infusion) trials and surgical implants.
- Counsel employees on behavior and initiate disciplinary actions if required.
US Citizenship required
Board Certified Anesthesiology
Must possess a current, active, full, and unrestricted license or registration as a Physician from a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.