This position will be located at Womack Army Medical Center, Fort Bragg, NC.
This is an employed civilian Physician ( Pediatrician) position that affords job security, a competitive salary, bonuses, moving expenses, full malpractice coverage, up to 26 days paid vacation, 10 days paid Federal Holidays, a sick leave benefit, CME opportunities, and a first-class health and retirement benefit package. We are seeking ordinary people with extraordinary hearts to care for the men and women who wear and have worn the uniform and their families.
Named after Medal of Honor recipient, PFC Bryant H. Womack, we are a fully accredited 110-bed, evidenced-based regional medical center and GME facility serving Fort Bragg, the home of Airborne and Special Operations and the largest U.S. Army installation in the world. We manage several outstanding Primary Care practice sites located in Fort Bragg, Fayetteville, Hope Mills, and Linden Oaks.
Womack is located in Fayetteville, Fort Bragg which is 2 hours from the beach and 5 hours from the Appalachian Mountains with easy access to I-95 and all points north and south. This central North Carolina location enjoys seasonably palatable weather year-round. Many facilities and services are offered such as first class golfing venues and renowned universities, a skeet range, riding stables, ice skating rink, state-of-the-art fitness centers, daycare, star-quality dining, full service banking, convenience shop, barbershop, and florist.
Fayetteville, NC: http://fayetteville.northcarolina.com/
Womack Army Medical Center: http://www.wamc.amedd.army.milResponsibilities
As a Physician Pediatrician you will:
- Provide appropriate examinations, diagnostic and/or treatment services for patients in ages ranging from infant through adolescent, who have pediatric and medical problems characteristic of the pediatric discipline.
- Write progress notes, including history, physical, laboratory data, assessment and plan on individual outpatients.
- Exercise admitting privileges, writes daily progress notes and performs follow-up to selected patients.
- Participate in quality assurance, quality improvement, peer review, and similar professional medical activities in conjunction with accreditation and other standards required of medical facilities.
- Serve as attending staff physician on the Pediatric Inpatient ward and/or as attending staff physician on the Labor and Delivery Inpatient Service.
US Citizenship required
Board Certified in Pediatrics
Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine or equivalent from a school in the United States or Canada. This degree must have been accredited by the Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association, Association of American Medical Colleges, Liaison Committee on Medical Education; Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation of the American Osteopathic Association, or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained. A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school must provide education and medical knowledge equivalent to accredited schools in the United States. Evidence of equivalency to accredited schools in the United States is demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country, or successful completion of the U.S. Medical Licensing Examination.
Must possess a current, active, full, and unrestricted license or registration as a Physician from a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.