Interventional Radiologist Academic Sign-on Bonus - Pittsburgh, PA
UPMC is recruiting an Interventional Radiology physician for our Oakland/Pittsburgh campuses. The IR Division provides care at multiple core academic institutions including UPMC Presbyterian-Shadyside, UPMC Mercy, and Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC in addition to providing support to other UPMC hospitals in the greater Pittsburgh area. Join the largest academic radiology department in the US. Must possess MD or equivalent, be BC or BE in Radiology and Interventional Radiology fellowship trained with the ability to obtain an unrestricted PA license. H1B visa sponsorship available.
- 80% clinical/20% academic
- Academic portion includes research as well as time teaching medical students, residents and fellows
- Call 1:4-5
- Hepatobiliary procedure experience a plus
- Join 12 IR physicians and 6 dedicated APPs
- Participates fully in the IR/DR dual certification residency program including both integrated and independent residency programs in partnership with the UPMC diagnostic radiology residency.
- IR performs a full spectrum of interventional radiology procedures and maintains active outpatient clinics at multiple sites with strong oncologic, hepatobiliary, transplant, trauma, vascular, and pediatric interventional radiology services.
- UPMC IR has multiple ongoing translational research studies, both locally and in collaboration with other national academic institutions. Major research focuses include interventional oncology, organ transplantation, hepatobiliary disease, trauma, and portal hypertension.
- Excellent clinical and academic relationships with Hepatology, Transplant Surgery, Liver Surgery, and Oncology in affiliation with the Hillman Cancer Center.
What we Offer
- Sign-on bonus
- Relocation up to $10K
- Duly employed through UPP and University of Pittsburgh
- Tuition benefits to attend University of Pittsburgh for faculty dependents
- Competitive rank and base salary commensurate with experience and an outstanding benefit package
- 45 days PTO
- CME allowance
- Assistant/Associate/Professor, Non-Tenure Academic appointment at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
- Research through University of Pittsburgh
- Congenial group
- Despite our size, individual divisions have a cohesive, small division feel
About The University of Pittsburgh and UPMC
- Urban, state-related institution
- The University is comprised of 16 schools, four regional campuses outside of Pittsburgh, and four University center (including UCIS) which serve the entire University community.
- $23 billion world-renowned health care provider and insurer
- Based in Pittsburgh, PA
- 92,000 employees, including 4,900 physicians
- Over 40 academic, community and specialty hospitals
- Over 800 doctors offices and outpatient sites
- UPMC is inventing new models of accountable, cost-effective, patient-centered care
- Closely affiliated with University of Pittsburgh, ranked among the top 10 recipients of National Institutes of Health research funding since 1998
About the Community
- Pittsburgh leaped to No. 26 on U.S. News and World Report s list of the Best Places to Live in the U.S. for 2022. It was also named the sixth-best U.S. city to live based on affordability.
- Very reasonable cost of living
- Mid-size city with all the amenities of a large city and a friendly, community vibe
- Known as the City of Bridges, with 446 bridges, it has more than any city in the country
- Hit the Great Allegheny Passage, a 334-mile, car-free trail for hikers, runners and cyclists
- Unmatched sports culture
- Abundant with parks, museums, music, universities and much more!
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority/Females/Males/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. The University of Pittsburgh is an Equal Opportunity Employer: EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled.