Staff Physician - Pediatric Interventional Cardiology
- Penn State Health Physician Recruitment
- Hershey, Pennsylvania
- Closing date
- Aug 3, 2023
- Full Time
- Position Type
Penn State Health Children s Hospital Division of Pediatric - Cardiology is seeking a physician with expertise in Interventional Cardiology.
Join our Division of Pediatric Cardiology! We are committed to excellent clinical care, teaching, and research. Interested applicants, please send CV and Cover Letter to Anderson Smith, at email@example.com.
- Our Pediatric Heart Center includes12 pediatric cardiologists (10 full time), and 2 pediatric congenital heart surgeons
- Our program, which covers central Pennsylvania, is based out of the Hershey/Harrisburg area with 15 outreach sites
- There are 7 PA s involved with in-patient and out-patient services
- We have an ACGME approved fellowship program with 4 pediatric cardiology fellows, including a 4th year fellow in Advanced Imaging
- All subspecialty services are represented including congenital heart surgery, cardiac intensive care, cardiac anesthesia, interventional catheterization, invasive and non-invasive EP/arrhythmia management, maternal/fetal cardiology and preventative cardiology
- Subspecialty clinics include cardiac neurodevelopment, cardiac device, cardiac arrhythmia, cardiac genetics, BPD, pulmonary hypertension, and hyperlipidemia
- Currently, we have one interventional cardiologist with over 20 years of experience.
- Our Pediatric Cardiology and Pediatric Cardiac Surgery program together are ranked among the best in the nation for children s hospitals (ranked #17 by U.S. News and World Reports and ranked as a 3-star program by the Society of Thoracic Surgery)
- Our Pediatric Heart Center actively collaborates with the Penn State Health Heart & Vascular Institute (HVI), especially for Adult Congenital Heart diseases (ACHD).
What we're seeking:
- We are seeking a faculty who is either highly experienced in interventional pediatric cardiology or a recently trained board certified/eligible Pediatric Cardiologist who has completed a fourth-year training in interventional pediatric cardiology. Position and rank will be commensurate with the stage of the career.
- The applicant and the current senior interventional pediatric cardiologist together will assume all clinical procedural load in the Cath lab. Our Cath lab currently averages about 130 cases per year, 75% of which are interventional. Services provided include:
- Balloon valvuloplasty since 1989 (transcarotid critical AS since 1992 and at bedside with TEE guidance since 1992, critical PS since 1990 with laser perforation for atresia since 2000)
- ASD device closure since 2002
- PDA closure since 1992 (coils followed by ADO, ADOII and Piccalo since 12/19)
- Vascular stents since 1992
- Coarctation stents since 1999 and now utilizing covered stents for older pts)
- Pulmonary valve replacement since 2011 (Melody, Sapien and Harmony)
- Volume is expected to increase with our growing adult congenital heart disease (ACHD) service as well as the rapid expansion of the PSH Children s footprint in the central Pennsylvania region.
- For the right candidate, and based on the career stage, there will be an opportunity to direct the Cath lab either on arrival or over a period of time.
- We are an academic/teaching center, and the applicant is expected to demonstrate highest respect for colleagues and patients.
- MD., D.O., or foreign equivalent, and board certified or eligible in Pediatric Cardiology
- Ability to acquire a license to practice in the State of Pennsylvania
- An interest in clinical-translational or laboratory-based research would be desirable but is not required.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- The position includes faculty appointment at Penn State College of Medicine. Academic rank will be awarded based upon the career stage and development of the candidate.
- Sign-on bonus and relocation assistance
- CME time and funds
- LTD and Life insurance, and so much more!
- Penn State University tuition discount for employees and dependents
Penn State Health is a multi-hospital health system serving patients and communities across 29 counties in central Pennsylvania. It employs more than 17,500 people systemwide.
The system includes Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Penn State Health Children s Hospital and Penn State Cancer Institute based in Hershey, Pa.; Penn State Health Hampden Medical Center in Enola, Pa.; Penn State Health Holy Spirit Medical Center in Camp Hill, Pa.; Penn State Health Lancaster Medical Center in Lancaster, Pa.; Penn State Health St. Joseph Medical Center in Reading, Pa.; and more than 3,000 physicians and direct care providers at 90+ unique medical office locations. Additionally, the system jointly operates various health care providers, including Penn State Health Rehabilitation Hospital, Hershey Outpatient Surgery Center, Hershey Endoscopy Center and Pennsylvania Psychiatric Institute.
Penn State Health shares an integrated strategic plan and operations with Penn State College of Medicine, the University s medical school. With campuses in State College and Hershey, Pa., the College of Medicine boasts a portfolio of more than $150 million in funded research and more than 1,700 students and trainees in medicine, nursing, other health professions and biomedical research.
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday Friday, email firstname.lastname@example.org download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.
Apply for Staff Physician - Pediatric Interventional Cardiology
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert