Specialty: Surgery : Breast
Candidate Type: MD, DO
Visa Accepted: No J1 or H1
Salary Range: Negotiable
Loan Repayment: Yes
Employment Type: Full Time
Bonuses Offered: Sign-on, Other
Bon Secours Mercy Health in Coastal Virginia is interviewing now for a fellowship trained Breast Surgeon. We are hiring an experienced breast surgeon to help work with the medical and radiation oncology programs to manage cancer diagnosis. A full oncology service line to include supporting nurse navigators, nursing staff, medical oncologists, radiation oncology and OPIC clinic on campus.
Bon Secours Mercy Health in Hampton Roads is made up of four acute-care hospitals:
- Bon Secours Maryview Medical Center, Portsmouth – 346 beds
- Bon Secours Mary Immaculate Hospital, Newport News – 115 beds
- Southampton Memorial Hospital – 90 beds
- Harbour View Hospital (planned for Suffolk, 2023)
- Bon Secours Hampton Roads has nearly 600 employed providers and over 1,000 affiliated providers in our network of care
- The recruitment of this position is a key element of our program’s plan to continue to build our oncology program in this market
Bon Secours Surgical Specialists will offer patients the ability to stay within our health system to receive ALL of their oncology care including surgical oncology to provides comprehensive, coordinated care to patients diagnosed with cancer.
Our partnership within the Bon Secours Cancer Institute allows us to connect patients and their families to an entire continuum of cancer care. This includes care from the surgeons at Bon Secours Medical Oncology and Hematology, radiation oncologists at Bon Secours Oncology Specialists, diagnostic specialists in pathology and radiology, and affiliated cancer physicians.
From minimally invasive surgery to complex surgeries and chemotherapy to the latest oncology advances in radiation therapy, patients will receive the most innovative solutions available from a multidisciplinary team of dedicated experts.
As part of the Bon Secours Cancer Institute, we emphasize treating all patients as unique and work
closely with them and their families to develop personalized cancer care plans.
We want what is best for each patient, providing personalized cancer care. You can trust us to consistently provide the compassionate, individualized cancer care each patient deserves, every step of the way. We would be happy to provide a consult.
We provide comprehensive, coordinated care to patients diagnosed with cancer. As part of the Bon Secours Cancer Institute, we treat all patients as unique, and work closely with them and their families to develop personalized cancer care plans.
- Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8am to 4:30pm
- Practice Setting: Hospital based, outpatient
- Typical Day: 2-3 days per week in OR and 2-3 in clinic.
- Call Schedule: General surgery call rotation is 1.5, shared among surgeons.
- Average Patients Per day: 20 plus, all adult
- EMR: EPIC and Telemedicine
- Special Skills Training: Fellowship trained breast surgeon, 3-5 years’ experience
Compensation & Benefits:
- Full Comprehensive Benefit Package to include:
- Medical Plans, Vision, Dental, Prescription Drugs
- P.C support with collaboration earnings
- Life Insurance Options
- Disability Insurance, Short and Long Term
- Wellness Plan
- Flex Spending and HSA
- Allowed Time Off plus holidays
- Competitive Compensation
- Sign-On Bonus
- Relocation Expense
- CME Annual $10,000
- Participate in 457b Plan
The Hampton Roads area of Coastal Virginia offers a beautiful city of over one million that most would consider a cultural hot spot with a bustling, artsy urban downtown and affordable upscale suburbs with top public schools and safe neighborhoods. Known as “One of the Nation’s Top 20 places to educate your child” – Forbes magazine. Hampton Roads is 45 minutes south of historical Williamsburg, 4 hours south of D.C. and 1 hour north of the Outer Banks of North Carolina.
Overall, a great opportunity to live in the affluent suburbs of a lively, affordable city in Virginia while also caring for high-need patient population and earning a top income among physicians in your specialty nationwide.