Genesis HealthCare System is searching for a BE/BC Gastroenterologist to join Genesis Digestive Disease Specialists, a 5-physician 100% GI practice located in Zanesville, Ohio. The group is highly respected among their peers for delivering excellent GI services to their patients in a six-county region.
- 100% clinical Gastroenterology
- Advanced endoscopy skills are not required, but they are preferred.
- State-of-the-art equipment in the endo suite at ASC on hospital campus, plus dedicated GI inpatient team
- Clinical Volume/Expectation: 30+ pts per week in office. Office schedule is one full day and one half day per week. Every fifth week call right now without pts in the office during their call week. Dr does have outpatient scheduled scopes on call week though.
- Staffing Overview/Office Staff & Clinical: 2-3 exam rooms for use while in the office. We use a nurse/cma pod for all tasks from physician. We have specific CMA’s to room all patients. The office has 16 exam rooms with one procedure room for ambulance patients.
- Procedure Volume (endoscopy): Varies –some provider average 10-15. Physician has input on case volume
- Weekly Schedule-Clinic and OR: Office schedule is 1.5 days in the office (open 7-4p) and the rest is scoping in Endo (schedule to be determined with OR input).
- Office has 4 APPs supporting the physicians with scope referrals and an APP in the hospital M-F, 8-4p for consults, etc. while physician is scoping in case of ER and input referrals.
Genesis HealthCare System is an integrated health care delivery system located less than one hour east of Columbus, Ohio, via Interstate-70. This progressive health system with Level III trauma designation includes a recently expanded and completely renovated, 260-bed, acute care, not-for-profit hospital, 250+ physicians representing most specialties, and multiple outpatient centers in the region.
Zanesville, Ohio, is a family-friendly community with two local four-year colleges and offers the perfect work-life balance of suburban and rural settings. Residents enjoy easy access to international airports, national/college sporting events, and a wide range of cultural activities in nearby Columbus, Cleveland, Cincinnati, and Pittsburgh.
This is an employed position with Genesis’ Medical Group (GMG). Genesis is offering a three year guaranteed base salary, signing bonus, and financial incentives, plus comprehensive benefits.