MUSC Health - Florence is seeking a Pulmonary and Critical Care trained physician to join a an expanding pulmonary and critical care department in Florence, SC. This is a prime opportunity to join a very busy pulmonary practice in a growing region with a service area population of 250,000 people and where there is a high ICU acuity and differential pulmonary pathology such as sarcoidosis, asthma and COPD.
As a partner and collaborator with our academic medical center, you’ll have access to advanced technologies such as specialty and sub-specialty diagnostic support, and direct affiliation with clinical centers of excellence, all to better empower you to increase and optimize care locally.
About this position:
- Seeking candidates who are Board Certified/Board Eligible
- Fiber optic bronchoscopy equipment with advanced diagnostic capabilities such as endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS), navigational bronchoscopy, and bronchial thermoplasty
- 3 separate ICUS (MICU, SICU/NSICU, CVICU) with referrals from several neighboring hospitals
- Tele-neurocritical care and stroke thrombectomy capable
- Practice has 4 FT physicians, 1 PT physician and 2 Nurse Practitioners
- A solid mix of inpatient and outpatient practice with flexibility of inpatient/outpatient preference
We will provide:
- Generous sign on bonus
- 5 Days for CME + CME Allowance
- PTO and Holidays
- Employer funded retirement account + additional employer match for retirement contributions
- Occurrence Malpractice Coverage
- Epic EMR
- Employed position which comes with an MUSC faculty appointment and the resources which accompany an academic medical center, such as access to the MUSC medical library
Florence, SC is centrally located only one hour to the SC coast (Myrtle Beach area) and an easy drive to the mountains. Florence is a bustling center of industry, healthcare, education, retail, culture and recreation and reflects the many charms and lifestyle of a true Southern city. In Florence, the pace is manageable, the atmosphere is relaxed and the people are friendly. We think you’ll agree that Florence is a great place to live.
More information on Florence, SC:
MUSC Health Florence Medical Center is a regional acute care facility comprised of 396 beds, more than 1,500 employees and nearly 250 physicians representing all major specialties dedicated to serving the healthcare needs of the citizens of Northeastern South Carolina. We offer acute care, diagnostic services, women’s health, orthopedic services, cancer care, cardiac services, general and laparoscopic surgery, rehabilitation, emergency/trauma care, community health services and more.
At MUSC Health, we empower you to ‘Change What’s Possible’ by transforming expertise, learning and discovery into unrivaled patient-centered care in your setting.
- Our physician-led organization embraces and demonstrates our values of compassion, teamwork, diversity, accountability and innovation.
- With ties to South Carolina’s only comprehensive academic health science center in Charleston, we are committed to preserving and optimizing human life throughout the state through our vision to lead health innovation for the lives we touch.
- We support you with a competitive compensation and benefits plan, career and professional development opportunities, and access to the resources of an academic medical center.