The Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC), located in coastal Charleston, SC, has an exciting opportunity for a clinician-educator in the Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology with a direct focus on Inflammatory Bowel Disease. At MUSC, our faculty enjoy rewarding and diverse careers (including clinical care) and involvement in our educational missions and research.
The Gastroenterology Division was recognized as high-performing in gastroenterology and GI surgery by U.S. News & World Report, meaning it ranks among the top 10 percent of hospitals in the nation.
- Expertise and additional training in Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Board Certified or Eligible in Gastroenterology
- Experience in clinical trials
- Join an existing, experienced GI/IBD subspecialist in a regional, multidisciplinary IBD program
- Participate in IBD outpatient clinics, related endoscopy procedures, and research studies in IBD
- A dedicated clinical support team of IBD-focused Advanced Practitioners, a Nurse Coordinator, an LPN, and Administrative support
- Strong collaborative support from colorectal surgery, GI pathology, GI radiology, and Pediatric GI
- Highly collegial, 15-physician, GI group comprised of general GIs, hepatologists, GI subspecialists, and advanced endoscopists
- Integrated practice model with a robust internal referral network
- GI-dedicated clinical research infrastructure with opportunity for significant research funding
- 24/7 reliable hospitalists onsite
- Opportunity to teach — Institution supports strong GI fellowship and Internal Medicine residency programs
- No ERCP/EUS required
- EPIC medical record platform
- Relocation assistance
- Excellent retirement options, including a pension and optional tax-deferred contributions
- Sovereign immunity malpractice coverage
- 22 days of annual leave, 15 days of sick leave, and 13 paid holidays
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program Qualified Employer
- MUSC Faculty Appointment (commensurate with experience)
MUSC, located in Charleston, SC, is frequently named one of the best places in America to live. If charming, historic, vibrant, cultural, and coastal are adjectives that you find appealing, it is all here. In Charleston, you might find yourself dining at a world-class restaurant tonight and relaxing on a boat as you explore our many waterways tomorrow. You might stroll along cobblestone streets amidst centuries-old homes by day and attend a jazz concert by night. Charleston is a place where you can live your life to its fullest.
We invite you to join the team committed to “changing what’s possible” and do so in one of the most exciting cities in the country. Please send us your CV accompanied by your letter of interest for immediate consideration. Your life in Charleston awaits!