Neurology - Academic Opportunity
MercyOne North Iowa Medical Center has an excellent full-time employment opportunity for a Board Certified or Board Eligible Academic Neurology physician to join a busy practice located in Mason City, Iowa.
MercyOne North Iowa Neurology
- Join a team of one Neurologist and two APPs
- Primary Stroke Center
- 2020 "Get with the Guidelines" Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award Recipient
- Inpatient rounding in AM; outpatient clinic in PM
- Always with a resident or student
- Responsible for neurology rotations with IM, FM, and Psych residents along with medical students
- NO CALL
- Both IM and FM programs are ACGME accredited
- Receive Adjunct Clinical Faculty position from University of Iowa and Professor of Neurology position from Des Moines University
Job duties for this opportunity include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to the education of residents
- Administer and maintain an educational environment conducive to educating residents in each of the ACGME competency areas
- Provide advising for residents in the areas of educational goal-setting, career planning, patient care, and scholarship
- Practice clinical medicine in the specialty of neurology in the hospital and clinic settings as needed.
- Meet professional standards of behavior
- Lecture and facilitate other didactic session as assigned by the Program Director
- Supervise residents' patient care activities
- Provide ongoing feedback to residents about their performance. Complete end-of-rotation evaluations and other evaluations as assigned
- Participate in resident interview and selection process.
- Attend residency program meetings as assigned by the Program Director
- Participate in faculty development opportunities
Visit this link to learn more about our Neurology opportunity from Dr. Alireza Yarahmadi: https://youtu.be/y7KFxpwgpv8
Interested candidates must be Board Certified within three (3) years of becoming eligible.
H-1B Visa candidates accepted.
Practice where your skills are appreciated, where physicians are highly respected members of the community, where you and yours will flourish as you become rooted in a lifestyle second to none!
- Highly competitive compensation package, including sign-on bonus and loan repayment
- Full benefits package, including paid malpractice and tail coverage, reimbursement for licenses/registration, $4,000 CME/year, 2 retirement plans, generous PTO package, and so much more!
ABOUT THE FACILITY
MercyOne North Iowa Medical Center is a 342-bed regional referral teaching hospital, named Top 100 Hospital nationally for achieving excellence in clinical outcomes, growth and fiscal management for several years. We are a faith-based, not-for-profit community healthcare system offering comprehensive healthcare services for people throughout northern Iowa and southern Minnesota.
Our 300+ physician medical staff offers nearly all medical and surgical subspecialties, from general medical care to open-heart surgery. This is a full-service Hospital with a 24/7 Hospitalist program. We are a Level III trauma center and offer post-graduate education programs on site, including a four-year Cardiology Fellowship, Palliative Care Fellowship, Family Medicine Residency Program and Internal Medicine Residency Program. Our outpatient clinic practice setting is enhanced by close access to inpatients, on site medical imaging, a wide range of specialists for consultation, a sleep lab, electronic medical records, PACS and a full-service medical library. MercyOne North Iowa combines the family atmosphere of a hometown healthcare center with the technology, services and resources of a major modern medical center.
MercyOne North Iowa Medical Center continually achieves remarkable results for patients through the unlimited power of teamwork, the highest standards of quality, dynamic partnerships and advanced technology.
MercyOne North Iowa is a member of Trinity Health, one of the largest Catholic health care systems in the United States. Trinity Health is based in Livonia, Michigan.
Visit this link to learn more about our medical center: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0Vb_GxGFL0&feature=youtu.be
Mason City, Iowa is a friendly Midwest community of 27,000+ people and is the largest urban center in North Central Iowa. We are located two hours north of Des Moines, IA, and two hours south of Minneapolis, MN.
According to a recent analysis by WalletHub, Iowa was ranked as the number one state for physicians based on two key dimensions, "opportunity and competition" and "medical environment." Iowa's doctors have the fourth-highest average annual wages adjusted for cost of living according to the analysis. Enjoy a stable economy, low cost of living, affordable housing, excellent school systems (public and parochial), fine arts museum, dance studios, performing arts theaters and a regional orchestra.
Mason City is home to the only remaining Frank Lloyd Wright designed hotel in the world, recently restored and opened once again for business. Popular recreational venues and activities in North Iowa are Mason City s aquatic center, YMCA, indoor ice arena, and abundant outdoor activities including tennis, golf, hunting, fishing, hiking, biking, horseback riding, nature preserve photography, water sports and sailing. That lake home you ve dreamed of could also become a reality, as Clear Lake is a mere nine miles from Mason City. The area is legendary as it was the final site of Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens and J.P. "The Big Bopper" Richardson's concert held at the legendary Surf Ballroom.
For more information on Mason City, Iowa, visit www.masoncityia.com
Apply for Neurology - Academic Opportunity
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert