Huntsville Hospital for Women & Children is seeking a Board Certified OB/ GYN for our UNIQUE hybrid OB/ GYN Hospitalist /Clinic program in Huntsville, Alabama. This position is a combined Hospitalist /Clinic opportunity with NO call that allows for the work/life balance that you crave. You will practice a full scope of procedures and deliveries. The OB/ GYN physician will provide patient focused, compassionate, and quality evidence based healthcare. The OB Hospitalist responsibilities include but not limited to OBED coverage, delivery attendance as well as surgical assists. With a dedicated team that includes BC/BE MD/ DOs, CRNPs, and PAs, our OB Hospitalist program delivers excellent care to EVERY patient that presents to our OBED, antepartum unit, Labor & Delivery floor, and full service Outpatient OBGYN clinic. HHWC has a dedicated team of subspecialists including Neonatology who manage the only Level III NICU in North Alabama, Maternal Fetal Medicine, Gyn Oncology, just to name a few.
Huntsville Hospital for Women and Children is a stand-alone facility dedicated to caring for women, infants, children, and adolescents. The hospital offers the region s most comprehensive and experienced maternal and pediatric programs. Women & Children s has an average of 4,500 births a year and 16,000 admissions annually. The hospital has in-house anesthesia, 20 LDR rooms, 3 L&D OR suites, a newly renovated 5 bed PACU , a 10 bed OB/ GYN ED, a Maternal Fetal Medicine Program, an 11 bed High-Risk Antepartum Unit, an Adult ICU, and a Level III NICU . Huntsville Hospital for Women & Children is the only one of its kind in the region with a Level 3 NICU, Pediatric Subspecialties, a Pediatric ER, Pediatric Intensivist and Hospitalist Programs, and a St. Jude Children s Research Hospital affiliate clinic for Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
Huntsville is situated in the fastest growing major metropolitan area in Alabama, and with the highest per capita income in the southeast, Huntsville is the best place to live, learn and work. We are a community on the move, rich with values and traditions while progressing with new ideas, exciting technologies and creative talents. Our community s unique characteristics are a worldwide attraction and will certainly provide a place for you and your family to flourish. With a population of 385K in the metro area, we are a high-tech, family oriented, multi-cultural community with excellent schools, dining and entertainment. Huntsville is nestled at the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains with an abundance of activities to do inside or out.
- Public schools boast more national merit scholars per capita than any other in the country
- Technology, space and defense industry play a major role in Huntsville
- Huntsville/Madison County boasts more Doctorate degrees per capita than any other in the nation
- Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail, Broadway Theater League, Huntsville Symphony Orchestra, US Space & Rocket Center, Huntsville Botanical Garden, Huntsville Museum of Art, Constitution Hall Village, Early Works Children's Museum, Monte Sano State Park and Bridgestreet Town center are just some of the main attractions!
- The City of Huntsville received Standard & Poor s highest possible AAA bond rating for strength of the local economy.
- Huntsville named one of the Top 10 Smartest Cities in the World by Forbes.
- Huntsville named one of the Top 50 Best Places to Raise Children in the U.S. by Business Week.
- Huntsville named #1 Best City to Live in America by US News