NORTON CHILDREN’S RHEUMATOLOGY, affiliated with the UofL School of Medicine, and a part of Norton Children’s Medical Group, is seeking a board-certified/board-eligible pediatric rheumatologist. The candidate will be a vital member of a dynamic, growing team dedicated to meeting the needs of children with rheumatologic diseases through clinical care, education, clinical research and advocacy.
Pediatric rheumatology physicians provide inpatient consultations for patients at Norton Children’s Hospital in downtown Louisville, in cooperation with pediatric hospitalists, pediatric critical care physicians and pediatric emergency medicine physicians. All pediatric subspecialties are present, including pediatric infectious diseases, dermatology, pulmonology, radiology, ophthalmology, orthopedics and nephrology.
Outpatient clinical care and infusion services are provided at the Novak Center for Children’s Health, a state-of-the-art multispecialty pediatric outpatient center. Our team currently consists of one physician, one nurse practitioner, a registered nurse coordinator, and staff providing a broad range of clinical services and clinical research. Clinical research studies in the UofL School of Medicine Department of Pediatrics Division of Rheumatology include Pediatric Rheumatology Collaborative Study Group (PRCSG) and associated studies. Faculty in our division are active members of the Childhood Arthritis and Rheumatology Research Alliance in the juvenile idiopathic arthritis, juvenile dermatomyositis and pain working groups; PRCSG; American Academy of Pediatrics; and American College of Rheumatology. Our division is active in pharmaceutical and other clinical research endeavors and works closely with the Pediatric Clinical Research Unit.
Division members mentor residents and medical students in quality improvement and other scholarly projects, leading to national recognition
ABOUT THE POSITION
- A variety of career pathways are available: clinical, teaching, research and/or administration.
- Opportunities for quality improvement, research and expansion of multidisciplinary/specialty clinics such as a syncope clinic. The division participates in several multicenter national trials.
- Teaching opportunities through the UofL School of Medicine, including training medical students and pediatric residents
- Must be board certified/board eligible in pediatric rheumatology
- Competitive salary and academic rank to be commensurate with experience
WHY NORTON HEALTHCARE FOR YOUR CAREER?
- Market share leader in the region
- Strong support network of advanced practice providers, nurse navigators, educators and social workers
- Strong continued investment in technology and physical spaces for improved patient care environments
- Named 2021’s Top Workplace in the region by the Louisville Courier-Journal
- Named No. 10 on Healthiest Employers’ 2021 list of Healthiest 100 Workplaces in America and the No. 1 extra-large employer in Kentucky
- Medical degree/diploma
- Board certified/board eligible
- Residency/fellowship certification
To discuss this opportunity, contact Kennisha Walker, recruiter, providers, Norton Children’s Medical Group, at email@example.com or (502) 599-4445. To see all of our career opportunities, visit BeANortonDoctor.com.
Norton Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/ Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity