Director of Advanced Heart Failure Heart Outreach
| Baylor Scott & White | Downtown Dallas
Baylor Scott & White has just opened an Advanced Heart Failure position to join an established practice at our flagship hospital in Downtown Dallas.
Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas is currently looking for an Advanced Heart Failure Cardiologist to work within the largest hospital system in the state of Texas, with a focus on growth and development of the program. Over the last 5 years, we have been in the top 10 in the nation for heart transplant volumes. Our heart failure team manages patients in the ICU, floor, and outpatient settings in addition to reading transthoracic echocardiograms, performing transesophageal echocardiograms, right ventricular endomyocardial biopsies, right and left heart catheterizations with diagnostic coronary angiography, IVUS, implanting percutaneous support devices (left and right), and ECMO management.
Job responsibilities of the position:
- In collaboration with program leadership and the physician liaison develops and implements a comprehensive strategic plan to grow heart transplant program outreach.
- Lead efforts to expand outreach locations and increasing BSWH Dallas presence in the community.
- Develop a plan to better involve and incorporate feedback from referring provides into the heart transplant program marketing and outreach efforts.
- The outreach director will strengthen the relationship between the referring providers and the transplant program.
- Develop and implement educational sessions for the community on advanced heart therapies.
- 50% Time will be administrative 50% clinical.
Requirements of the position:
- Qualified physician candidates should be board certified or board eligible in Advanced Heart Failure/Heart Transplant
- Full time schedule
- Guaranteed competitive salary with an assigned mentor within the Baylor network
- Employed, Full-time, position with Health Texas Provider Network (HTPN)- the employment arm of Baylor Scott & White
- Faculty Appointment with Texas A&M Health Sciences Center is available to interested candidates
- Candidates with minimum of 2 years’ experience welcome to apply. No visa sponsorship available.
Baylor Scott and White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in the State of Texas and one of the largest in the United States. Serving a large and diverse population across North and Central Texas, BSWH has the vision and resources to provide its patients continued quality care while creating a model system for a dramatically changing health care environment. The BSWH system includes 47 hospitals, more than 900 access points, over 6,600 physicians and 43,500 employees, plus a state certified Health Maintenance Organization, the Scott and White Health Plan (Health Plan), and Baylor Quality Health Care Alliance LLC (BSWQA) – a high performing network of clinical providers and facilities focused on improving quality, managing the health of patient populations, and reducing the overall cost of care.
BSWH includes a robust spectrum of owned, operated, ventured and affiliated hospitals; satellite outpatient clinics; free standing ambulatory surgery centers; free standing emergency medical centers; free standing imaging centers; numerous retail pharmacies; and geographically dispersed physician’s clinics in the North Texas and Central Texas regions.