M3 Executive Search is proud to assist the University of Mississippi Medical Center (UMMC) Department of Anesthesia with their national search for a board-certified anesthesiologist who can also serve as the Vice Chair of Quality.
The Vice Chair of Quality will be responsible for providing overall vision and direction for all aspects of quality. H/She will ensure that the department of anesthesiology provides the highest quality care in a safe, timely and patient-centered manner. H/She will develop and expand continuous performance improvement through the setting of priorities, allocation of resources, oversight of policies and procedures, and the setting and execution of strategic plans across the continuum of patient care.
The Vice Chair will exercise leadership and partnership with entities involved in quality and patient safety, analytics, resource utilization and evidence-based medicine, and regulatory affairs. H/She will participate in the ongoing optimization of the departmental structure relating to quality and safety.
The new Vice Chair of Quality will serve as a physician leader for the department, ensuring effective delivery of care with the highest quality of medical outcomes. A successful candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- A MD, MD/PhD, or equivalent degree; he/she will be expected to qualify for appointment at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor.
- Experience in leading quality efforts for a top-ranked medical school, academic health center (preferred) or health system with greater than 400 beds.
- Demonstrated personal and professional commitment to valuing diversity and promoting inclusion by modeling and fostering diversity and cultural proficiency.
- Superior track record in building and/or contributing to collaborative team cultures.
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written.
Reference: EXEC ANES 10777