This position has a residency waiver and is accepting applications nationwide.
Please note: This recruitment may be used to fill multiple vacancies.
The Division of Regional Centers is responsible for the planning, coordination, monitoring, and execution of a multi-million dollar, federal and state funded service delivery system for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD), including policy management, regulatory compliance, and legislative Initiatives. These program areas duties include: analyzing and developing policy related to the responsibilities of the Regional Centers, managing and establishing policies and procedures for a state service delivery system according to state and federal requirements; analyzing state and national trends for policy issues which may impact current program design; coordinating at the senior management level the development of the Division strategic plan for the Department; analyzing legislation and providing technical assistance for potential impact to the Regional Center System; coordinating and developing protocols with other systems regarding cross system issues and policies; and managing related health care services to approximately 300 adults and families within the intellectual and developmental disabilities system, within a budget of approximately $60 million.
What you will be doing:
The Director of Medical Services engages in providing professional advice to management for the development of medical programs, treatment standards and protocols for the Division. This position is part of the Division’s senior management team and is responsible for carrying out the vision, mission, and values of the Division. The work also often involves providing instruction, demonstration and training to other health care professionals and technologists, providing medical advice to other organizational units or health care specialties through consultation regarding residents or protocols, and providing supervision, oversight, and instruction to other medical professionals. The position delivers primary care services to individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDD) through professional assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of residents in both routine and urgent settings. Medical care includes, but is not limited to, conducting medical examinations, ordering, and interpreting appropriate diagnostic tests and diagnosing medical problems, prescribing medications and treatment, fostering preventive health The Director of Medical Service oversees the professional standards and best practices provided to the residents at the Regional Centers. Policy development, review, and update for the Regional Centers that manage the medical programs, standards of care, and individualized treatment plans for the residents.
- This position will required onsite clinical services at Wheat Ridge Regional Center approximately 20% of the time.
Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions & Conditions of Employment
- Licensed to practice medicine in the State of Colorado as a Medical Doctor (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.)
- Board eligible or board certified by the appropriate board recognized by the American Medical Association in a specialist area related to the work assigned to the position.
*Licenses MUST be attached your State of Colorado application*
Highly Desirable Competencies:
- Primary care experience
- Demonstrated experience working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Ability to work with and communicate with internal and external clients and customers to meet their needs in a polite, courteous, and cooperative manner and committed to quality service
- Ability to perform with a high level of initiative, effort and commitment toward completing assignments efficiently
- Ability to foster commitment and team spirit
- Ability to listen to others and respond appropriately
- Ability to keep own emotions under control and restrain negative behaviors when provoked or when working under conditions of stress
- Ability to resolve conflict
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to execute decisions
- Integrity and accountability