Internal Medicine-General Internist
About the Kirk Kerkorian School of Medicine
Located within the Las Vegas Medical District, the Kirk Kerkorian School of Medicine at UNLV graduated its first class of students in May of 2021. Fully accredited, the school currently has 240 medical students, 150 faculty physicians, and more than 300 medical residents and fellows. With a new medical education building opening in 2022, including state-of-the-art medical classrooms and simulation center, the school continues to grow.
With a group practice, UNLV Health, which provides care to more than 10,000 patients per month in its 17 primary care and specialty care clinics, and its partner hospitals, the Kirk Kerkorian School of Medicine at UNLV is transforming healthcare in Southern Nevada.
The Kirk Kerkorian School of Medicine at UNLV, Department of Internal Medicine, is seeking an Assistant/Associate professor Internal Medicine-General Internist. The successful candidate will supervise internal medicine residents on inpatient medical service, ambulatory setting and engage in didactic teaching of students and residents. Further, the faculty member will maintain a practice of internal medicine in which he or she directly delivers care to internal medicine patients, attend on the inpatient medical service and devote time to scholarly activities. This is a non-tenure position.
- This position requires an MD, or DO, from an accredited institution
- Completed an ACGME-approved Internal Medicine Residency Program
- Be Board Certified in Internal Medicine
- Be Board Certified or Board Eligible within two (2) years of graduation
- Must obtain an unrestricted Nevada Medical license prior to start date of employment
- Must have malpractice insurance
- Must be able to be successfully credentialed by Southern Nevada teaching hospitals and clinics
- The preferred candidate will have experience teaching of internal medicine residents and Geriatric Fellows in both the inpatient medical service, and ambulatory setting
If interested, please apply to the link below:
For assistance with the application process, please contact UNLV Human Resources at (702) 895-3504 or UNLVJobs@unlv.edu.