Chief, Division of Pediatric Pulmonology
Batchelor Family Chair of Cystic Fibrosis and Pediatric Pulmonology
Department of Pediatrics, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
On behalf of the Department of Pediatrics at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine (UMMSOM), Jackson Health System (JHS), and Holtz Children s Hospital, CareerPhysician, LLC, the national leader in academic pediatric leadership recruitment, has initiated an international search to identify a transformational leader to serve as the next UMMSOM Chief of the Division of Pediatric Pulmonology, and the Batchelor Family Chair of Cystic Fibrosis and Pediatric Pulmonology.
- The incoming Chief will have the opportunity to continue the legacy of the program and the responsibility of establishing and implementing a strategic plan that will guide the division into the future. Eligible applicants shall be at the academic rank of Associate Professor or Professor, board-certified in Pediatric Pulmonology, and hold or be eligible for an unrestricted medical license in the state of Florida.
- Andrew Colin, an international thought leader in pediatric pulmonary medicine who has led the division for the past 16-years, has made the decision to retire.
- The Division consists currently of Dr. Andrew Colin, Dr. Myrtha Gregoire-Bottex, and Dr. Monica Cardenas, in addition to mid-level providers, administrative, and research staff.
- Well-established University of Miami-Jackson Memorial Hospital Pediatric Pulmonology Fellowship program that has experienced unconditional ACGME accreditation for over a decade.
- The Cystic Fibrosis Center is a thriving CF Foundation-accredited program with adult CF program collaboration and excellent connections to the local CFF Chapters.The developing Aerodigestive Program is an interdisciplinary collaboration with the GI, ENT, and anesthesia programs.
- With no current dedicated Sleep Lab for pediatrics, but a strong Adult Sleep Program, there is tremendous opportunity for someone with a relevant background and interest in pediatric sleep medicine to build and lead the program.
- As part of the Total Rewards benefits package, University of Miami faculty, staff, and their eligible dependents can receive tuition remission for undergraduate and most graduate degree programs.
- Miami is known as the top ranked healthiest city in the United States, where you will enjoy no state taxes, weather that is never cold, endless recreational pursuits, and world-class amenities!
For more details about this opportunity, or if you would like to recommend an individual(s) who exemplifies the qualities we are seeking in a candidate, please contact Marcel Barbey at email@example.com, or at 817-707-9034. All interactions will remain confidential, and no inquiries will be made without the consent of the applicant.
The University of Miami is an AA/EOE/ADA employer that seeks applicants who add to our culture of diversity and inclusion.