Job Description & Requirements
Academic Urology Physician in Texas
The Department of Surgery at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso (TTUHSCEP) is seeking a board-eligible or board-certified urologist with a strong interest in an academic career to join their new urology service line. With immense support from the Paul L. Foster School of Medicine and two affiliate teaching hospitals, the department is launching an Adult and Pediatric Urology program to advance clinical care, education, and research.
Candidates with all levels of experience and from academic or non-academic backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Those with leadership experience and interest in building a program will be considered for the Director of Urology role.Opportunity Highlights
Community Information – No State Income Tax
- Bring your expertise and passion for academic advancement in urology to help build a program at an exciting time for the department, university, and city of El Paso.
- Play an integral role in the planning and establishment of a urology residency program with direct support from the chair of surgery as well as medical school and hospital leadership.
- Enjoy providing clinical care in a collegial environment alongside a robust team of surgical specialists, APPs, and support staff.
- Quick clinical ramp-up in general, bread & butter urology, or develop a sub-specialty niche if interested.
As the 6th largest city in Texas, El Paso offers tremendous amenities in a culturally diverse area that is perfect for families and individuals alike.
- Enjoy practicing in Texas, one of the best states for physicians to work in the U.S.
- Live in a large city while enjoying a wonderful cost of living well below the nationwide median.
- El Paso is ranked the 3rd safest large city in the nation by AdvisorSmith.
- 300 days of sunshine per year and a mild year-round climate.
- Exceptional public and private schools as well as higher education institutions.
- Access to beautiful golf courses, state parks, and many outdoor activities, including a short drive to excellent skiing and snowboarding.
- El Paso International Airport – direct flights across the U.S. and to many countries.
BE or BC in General UrologyAbout the Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation’s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Urology, Urologist, Urology Doctor, Urology Physician, Physician Urology, Doctor Urology,