- Location: Centra Southside Community Hospital Farmville, VA
- Our Anesthesia team has great relationships with our Surgeons. Our Surgeons appreciate their skillset and expertise, which creates an excellent work environment and a truly team-based approach.
- Practice model includes care team, medical supervision, OB coverage including epidurals and C-sections.
- No call
- Schedule M F: 7am to end of cases (3-5pm)
- Case mix (10-15% doing own cases):
- General surgery, ortho, strong regional anesthesia program, OB/GYN, urology, endoscopy, peds dental, and ophthalmology. No hearts or neuro.
Physician Compensation & Benefits:
- $400,000 total compensation
- $30,000 in upfront bonuses
- Up to $100,000 in educational loan repayment
- Up to $10,000 in relocation assistance
- Up to $7,500 CME allowance
- 9 weeks vacation
- 403(b) and 457(b) tax deferred savings plan; Immediate vested employer contribution match
- Health, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance options
- Malpractice coverage
- Completion of medical degree and residency training in an anesthesia specialty from an AMA approved program or other schools with credentials approved by the Medical Staff and Board of Centra.
- MD/DO with certification by an American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) board in physician's primary specialty. Must be board certified or in the process of certifying.
- Strong regional anesthesia and OB anesthesia skills required
About Centra Medical Group:
Centra Medical Group (CMG) is comprised of 500+ Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers and serves 600,000 central and southern Virginians. CMG offers an integrated healthcare system, including 4 hospitals, 5 regional medical centers, 70+ physician practices, including primary care, medical, and surgical specialists. At Centra Medical Group you ll find the kind of leadership (physician-led), forward-thinking, and partnerships necessary to thrive in today s healthcare marketplace. Our providers at Centra are part of Archetype Health, an ACO that delivers value-based care to our Medicare patients and populations. With the success of Archetype Health, our patients are receiving high quality care and our providers are being incentivized. Explore your exciting options with Centra Medical Group!
Lifestyle and Community:
Farmville is a vibrant and growing small town located in the heart of Virginia. Two reputable universities, Longwood and Hampden Sydney, bring culture and arts to the area and the 31 mile long High Bridge Trail offers great walking and cycling (new single-track trails added) opportunities and is accessible right in the busy historic shopping district. Gorgeous countryside, rich history, good restaurants, a brewery, a hip updated hotel with rooftop bar, and a wine tasting room round out the fun. Richmond, Charlottesville, and Lynchburg are all between a 50 and 75 minute drive.