This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan payment reimbursement program. You must meet specific individual eligibility requirements in accordance with VHA policy and submit your EDRP application within four months of appointment. Approval, award amount (up to $200,000) and eligibility period (one to five years) are determined by the VHA Education Loan Repayment Services program office after complete review of the EDRP application. Learn more.
The Greater Los Angeles VA has an available position for a full-time Home Based Primary Care (HBPC) Physician. Greater Los Angeles VAMC is creating a new Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) located in Ventura, California. This facility is pending release of operations. If hired prior to the open date of the facility, you may be required to report to the Los Angeles or Sepulveda facility until the clinic is approved to open for operations. As a staff physician in our HBPC program at the Ventura CBOC, you will be required to drive a government vehicle to provide comprehensive medical care to older adult patients in their homes.
The position is based primarily at the Ventura CBOC, but the position will also require occasionally seeing patients outside of the Ventura HBPC catchment area and cross-covering for other GLA HBPC providers.
Major responsibilities and duties of the position include but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate expertise in the areas of adult primary care and management of chronic medical conditions.
- Expected to qualify for a faculty appointment at the Assistant Professor level or higher at the David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA).
- Providing medical care to HBPC patients including serving as a consulting physician for advanced practice nurses and serving as back-up for other HBPC primary care providers.
- Identifying a patient's medical problems.
- Define the medical management of a patient's medical problems.
- Determine the need for consultation from medical, surgical, or psychiatric or other subspecialty clinics.
- Determine the need for and facilitating admission to the hospital and other transitions of care.
- Visiting the HBPC patients at home for medical evaluation and treatment. Must also be able to conduct as appropriate virtual appointments using VA-approved platforms.
- Provide medical administrative support such as completing physician required orders and forms for the HBPC patients.
- Participate in the instruction and supervision of medical trainees rotating through HBPC.
- Plan and directing the educational and clinical experience of trainees such as medical students, residents, and fellows assigned to the HBPC Program.
- Assume a leadership role in the development and implementation of HBPC's process for continuous performance improvement.
- Be readily available to the team members for collaboration when clinical or program issues arise.
- Participate in the development of the individual plan of care at interdisciplinary care meetings.
VA offers a comprehensive total rewards package. VHA Physician Total Rewards.
Education Debt Reduction Program (Student Loan Repayment): AUTHORIZED (Funds are contingent based upon the your entry on duty date.)
EDRP Authorized: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, the EDRP Coordinator for questions/assistance
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8am - 430pm
Recruitment Incentive (Sign-on Bonus): Not Applicable
Pay: Competitive salary, annual performance bonus, regular salary increases
Paid Time Off: 50-55 days of annual paid time offer per year (26 days of annual leave, 13 days of sick leave, 11 paid Federal holidays per year and possible 5 day paid absence for CME)
Retirement: Traditional federal pension (5 years vesting) and federal 401K with up to 5% in contributions by VA
Insurance: Federal health/vision/dental/term life/long-term care (many federal insurance programs can be carried into retirement)Licensure: 1 full and unrestricted license from any US State or territory
CME: Possible $1,000 per year reimbursement
Malpractice: Free liability protection with tail coverage provided
Contract: No Physician Employment Contract and no significant restriction on moonlighting
RequirementsConditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship; non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- All applicants tentatively selected for VA employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with VA.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
- You may be required to serve a probationary period.
- Subject to background/security investigation.
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process.
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination.
- Participation in the seasonal influenza vaccination program is a requirement for all Department of Veterans Affairs Health Care Personnel (HCP).
- Participation in the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) vaccination program is a requirement for all Veterans Health Administration Health Care Personnel (HCP) - See "Additional Information" below for details.
Click here to view full job description https://www.usajobs.gov/job/665884400