Penn State Health Children s Hospital Division of Academic General Pediatrics is seeking a General Pediatrician with academic and patient care interests.
Our Division has over 30 providers and is committed to excellent clinical care, teaching, and research. Interested applicants, please apply here and send CV and Cover Letter to Anderson Smith, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our Division s responsibilities include 3 patient care offices in Hershey, Elizabethtown, and Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Some Division members attend on the newborn nursery service in the Children s Hospital.
- A full complement of ancillary staff including excellent administrative support, a social worker, and care coordination.
- The Division also has:
- programs/expertise in Lactation, Integrative Medicine, Neonatology follow-up, and Tic and Movement Disorders.
- an extensive portfolio of clinical and translational research.
- extensive opportunities in pediatric education. The Division is home to the Pediatric Residency Program Director, Associate Director, and the Associate Director for a T32-funded Primary Care Research Fellowship.
What we re seeking:
- Candidates should be board certified/board eligible in general pediatrics with academic interests
- MD, D.O., or foreign equivalent
- Ability to acquire a license to practice in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- An interest in research would be supported but is not required
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Sign-on bonus and relocation assistance
- CME time and funds
- LTD and Life insurance, and so much more!
- Penn State University tuition discount for employees and dependents
Our freestanding Children s Hospital just underwent a vertical expansion due to accommodate pediatric needs in Central Pennsylvania. It is located near Harrisburg (our state capital) and is a safe, family-friendly location, with access to excellent public schools. In Hershey, Pennsylvania our local neighborhoods boast a reasonable cost of living whether you prefer a more suburban setting or a thriving city rich in theater, arts, and culture. Known as the home of the Hershey chocolate bar, Hershey's community is rich in history and offers an abundant range of outdoor activities, arts, and diverse experiences. We're conveniently located within a short distance to major cities such as Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, New York City, Baltimore, and Washington DC. We're proud of our community involvement and encourage you to learn more about our organization.
About Penn State Health:
Penn State Health is a multi-hospital health system serving patients and communities across 29 counties in central Pennsylvania. It employs more than 16,500 people system wide.
The system includes Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Penn State Children s Hospital, and Penn State Cancer Institute based in Hershey, PA.; Penn State Health Holy Spirit Medical Center in Camp Hill, PA.; Penn State Health St. Joseph Medical Center in Reading, PA.; and more than 2,300 physicians and direct care providers at more than 125 medical office locations. Additionally, the system jointly operates various health care providers, including Penn State Health Rehabilitation Hospital, Hershey Outpatient Surgery Center, Hershey Endoscopy Center, Horizon Home Healthcare and Pennsylvania Psychiatric Institute.
In December 2017, Penn State Health partnered with Highmark Health to facilitate creation of a value-based, community care network in the region.
Penn State Health shares an integrated strategic plan and operations with Penn State College of Medicine, the University s medical school. With campuses in State College and Hershey, PA, the College of Medicine boasts a portfolio of more than $100 million in funded research and more than 1,700 students and trainees in medicine, nursing, other health professions and biomedical research.
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position s responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.