Penn State Health Children s Hospital Division of Pediatric Hematology-Oncology is seeking a Pediatric Hematologist-Oncologist focused on Benign Hematology
Join our Division of Pediatric Hematology-Oncology now! We are committed to excellent clinical care, teaching, and research. Interested applicants, please apply here and send CV and Cover Letter to Anderson Smith, at email@example.com
- We are a division of 14 physicians (12 full time) and one psychologist
- 5 NP/PA s,
- A full complement of ancillary staff including excellent administrative support, social workers, dietician/nutritionist, 8 nurse coordinators and 8 clinical research staff.
- Our hematology clinical programs include a state - supported sickle cell program, hemophilia treatment center, young women s bleeding clinic, and hemostasis/thrombosis clinic.
- Our clinical oncology programs include expertise in treating leukemia, lymphoma, and solid tumors as well as specialized programs for neurofibromatosis, genetic predisposition syndromes, neuro-oncology, survivorship, and adolescent/young adult (AYA) oncology
- Currently, we have one physician dedicated to hemostasis-thrombosis, one physician who directs the sickle cell program, and one physician who does primarily benign hematology with a focus on iron deficiency and neutropenia.
- We have an outpatient clinic connected to the pediatric infusion center in the Penn State Children s Hospital and outreach clinics in Reading and Lancaster
- Our patients our hospitalized in an 18-bed Pediatric Hematology-Oncology unit in the Penn State Children s Hospital
- Our clinical and research efforts are supported by Four Diamonds and the Children s Miracle Network
What we re seeking:
- We are seeking someone trained in Pediatric Hematology-Oncology interested in a focus on Hematology.
- D., D.O., or foreign equivalent
- Ability to acquire a license to practice in the State of Pennsylvania BC/BE
- An interest in research would be supported but is not required.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Sign on bonus and Relocation assistance,
- CME time and funds,
- LTD and Life insurance, and so much more!
- Penn State University tuition discount for employees and dependents
Our freestanding Children s Hospital just underwent a vertical expansion due to accommodate pediatric needs in central PA is located near Harrisburg (Our state capital) and is a safe, family-friendly location, with access to excellent public schools. Hershey, PA, our local neighborhoods boast a reasonable cost of living whether you prefer a more suburban setting or thriving city rich in theater, arts, and culture. Known as the home of the Hershey chocolate bar, Hershey's community is rich in history and offers an abundant range of outdoor activities, arts, and diverse experiences. We're conveniently located within a short distance to major cities such as Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, NYC, Baltimore, and Washington DC. We're proud of our community involvement and encourage you to learn more about our organization.
About Penn State Health:
Penn State Health is a multi-hospital health system serving patients and communities across 29 counties in central Pennsylvania. It employs more than 16,500 people systemwide.
The system includes Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Penn State Children s Hospital, and Penn State Cancer Institute based in Hershey, Pa.; Penn State Health Holy Spirit Medical Center in Camp Hill, Pa.; Penn State Health St. Joseph Medical Center in Reading, Pa.; and more than 2,300 physicians and direct care providers at more than 125 medical office locations. Additionally, the system jointly operates various health care providers, including Penn State Health Rehabilitation Hospital, Hershey Outpatient Surgery Center, Hershey Endoscopy Center, Horizon Home Healthcare and Pennsylvania Psychiatric Institute.
In December 2017, Penn State Health partnered with Highmark Health to facilitate creation of a value-based, community care network in the region.
Penn State Health shares an integrated strategic plan and operations with Penn State College of Medicine, the University s medical school. With campuses in State College and Hershey, Pa., the College of Medicine boasts a portfolio of more than$100 million in funded research and more than 1,700 students and trainees in medicine, nursing, other health professions and biomedical research.