The Department of Neurosurgery at MetroHealth Medical Center is recruiting a full-time neurosurgeon with trauma experience. Additional experience with vascular and functional neurosurgery is also preferred.
As an academic institution, MetroHealth is a teaching affiliate of Case Western Reserve University (CWRU) where we train residents from local neurosurgery programs, spine fellows and teach CWRU medical students. MetroHealth serves as the area's most experienced and busiest Level I trauma center and is certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center. The Department of Neurosurgery provides strong support for a diverse clinical practice, specialty focus and research interests. Clinical and bench research interests are welcome. All MetroHealth staff hold faculty appointment at CWRU. Academic rank will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants should possess excellent interpersonal, clinical and teaching skills, and should be board certified or eligible for certification and eligible for licensure in the state of Ohio.
Enjoy an integrated and collaborative experience in a department that includes neurosurgeons, spine orthopedic surgeons, neuro-intensivists and medical spine/pain providers. Our Department is undergoing a strategic growth and development which embraces an outstanding clinical and academic career opportunity.
The MetroHealth System is redesigning its campus with an innovative transformation plan to exceed the ever-changing needs of our patients and community programs. This billion-dollar transformation is the largest public construction project in Cuyahoga County and one of the largest in the nation. By 2023, the new hospital tower will be home to 270 private rooms with additional state-of-the art facilities, population health initiatives, as well as a re-imagined community. We invite you to be our partner in this important journey as we strive to transform health care in Northeast Ohio.
Cleveland, Ohio offers a great lifestyle:
- The Arts - largest theater complex outside of New York City, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, the renowned Cleveland Orchestra & one of the world's leading art museums
- Outdoor activities - Lake Erie for boating and beaches
- Expansive park system surrounding the city with many hiking and biking opportunities
- Nationally renowned food and dining scene
- Diverse economy - manufacturing, financial services, healthcare, biomedical
- Great cost of living - 21% lower than the national average
- Professional Sports - Major League teams (Guardians, Browns and Cavaliers)
- Ease of transit - rated the 6th best city in the US for commuters
If you are interested or would like additional information, please contact:
In employment, as in education, Case Western Reserve University and The MetroHealth System are committed to Equal Opportunity and World Class Diversity.