Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
UNC Family Medicine at Southpoint in Durham, NC is seeking a physician to join their team of providers! UNC Family Medicine at Southpoint in Durham, NC offers the full spectrum of family-centered medical care. In addition to preventive services, we are pleased to offer a wide range of acute-care services and in-office procedures at convenient times for families and working professionals.
Provides professional medical services to patients.
1. Provides professional medical services to patients.
2. Exercises independent professional judgment in the care and treatment of patients.
3. Orders and prescribes medical treatment, diagnostic testing, nursing care and other health and medical services. Prescribes medically appropriate pharmaceuticals.
4. Consults and counsels with patients and families. Provides health and medical education to patients and families.
5. Refers patients as needed to appropriate medial specialists and other health care professionals to assure appropriate multidisciplinary care is provided.
6. Documents medical and clinical care in the patient's medial record. Assigns the appropriate diagnostic and procedural codes to permit third party insurance billing.
7. Supervises other medical professionals.
8. Adheres to the principles of medical ethics.
To inquire about this opportunity please contact Owen Watkins at firstname.lastname@example.org
Active member of the Rex Hospital Medical Staff, including meeting the Board Certification requirements. Graduation from an accredited school of medicine.
Professional Experience Requirements:
Prefer prior hospitalist experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Language Skills: Should be able to communicate proficiently in English.
High-level quantitative and qualitative reason skills are essential in order to diagnosis medical and clinical issues presented by patients.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
North Carolina Medical License, DEA License, BLS/ACLS certification preferred. Board certified in Internal Medicine.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, kneel, bend and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Ability to lift up to 25 pounds required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physician generally works in a medical office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasoning Ability: High-level quantitative and qualitative reason skills are essential in order to diagnosis medical and clinical issues presented by patients.
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.