The Department of Otolaryngology at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center is seeking a qualified Otologist/Neurotologist to join the team.
What We're Offering:
- Join a busy academic practice with a strong referral base and a wide range of complex cases
- Highly collaborative and supportive atmosphere to grow and develop a practice based on your niche, including the opportunity to build an airway practice
- Abundant research opportunities and resources at your fingertips including basic science, clinical outcomes and clinical trial projects
- Faculty appointment at the Assistant/Associate Professor level with a competitive salary and benefit package
- Faculty development program as well as abundant leadership and educational opportunities
- Collaborative care with other pediatric departments including multi-disciplinary clinics
- This could be the career opportunity you are looking for in a great setting with partners who care. We enjoy what we do, and we enjoy working with each other!
What We're Seeking:
- M.D., M.D./Ph.D., D.O., or equivalent degree
- BE/BC Otolaryngology and completion of fellowship in Otology & Neurotology
- Demonstrated excellent qualifications in education, research, and clinical care
- Hershey is a suburban community in a metropolitan area and is one of the fastest growing regions in the state.
- The area offers excellent schools with Derry Township, Lower Dauphin and Palmyra school districts in the top 100 in the state.
- Hershey is approximately 12 miles from Harrisburg, the state capital, and within a short train ride or drive to New York City, Philadelphia, Washington DC, and Baltimore.
About Penn State Health:
Penn State Health is a multi-hospital health system serving patients and communities across 29 counties in central Pennsylvania. It employs more than 16,500 people system-wide. The system includes Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Penn State Children's Hospital, and Penn State Cancer Institute based in Hershey, Pa.; Penn State Health Holy Spirit Medical Center in Camp Hill, Pa.; Penn State Health St. Joseph Medical Center in Reading, Pa., and more than 2,300 physicians and direct care providers at more than 125 medical office locations. Additionally, the system jointly operates various health care providers, including Penn State Health Rehabilitation Hospital, Hershey Outpatient Surgery Center, Hershey Endoscopy Center, Horizon Home Healthcare and Pennsylvania Psychiatric Institute. In December 2017, Penn State Health partnered with Highmark Health to facilitate creation of a value-based, community care network in the region. Penn State Health shares an integrated strategic plan and operations with Penn State College of Medicine, the University's medical school. With campuses in State College and Hershey, Pa., the College of Medicine boasts a portfolio of more than $100 million in funded research and more than 1,700 students and trainees in medicine, nursing, other health professions and biomedical research.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.