A partner of the OptumCare network, WellMed Networks, Inc (WNI) is seeking both Hospitalists and Nocturnists to join our growing program in Corpus Christi, TX.
We are influencing change on a national scale while maintaining the culture and community of our local care organizations
- Hospitalist leads a collaborative and comprehensive health care team
- Will Only follow patients from a single payor system
- 100% of patients will have a WellMed primary care provider
- Quality vs. Quantity Model
- Typical census per hospitalist less than 15 ppd
- Patient panel is limited to geriatrics with WellMed Medicare Advantage coverage
- Block Scheduling 7 on / 7 off
- Base Salary plus Annual Quality Incentive with a target of $50,000
- OptumCare Physician Partnership Plan
- 401k with match, Executive Savings Plan with Match, and UHG Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Comprehensive Benefits from Optum Provider Services
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.) or M.B.B.S
- Board certification or eligibility in Family or Internal Medicine
- Active, unrestricted medical license in Texas (or ability to obtain)
- Valid DEA license (or ability to obtain)
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) fluency
- A working understanding and support of a managed care environment
WellMed is rapidly expanding our Hospitalist Programs!
Ask us about opportunities for Nocturnist & Hospitalists in San Antonio, Corpus Christi and Austin.