At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing Physician-led care locally. Work with the largest care delivery organization in the world and start doing your life s best work.(sm)
A partner of the Optum network, WellMed Medical Group, is seeking an internal medicine or family medicine physician to join one of our clinics in the Greater Houston Area.
WellMed is a Medicare Advantage Plan that operates as a health system focused on Quality/Value Based Outcomes
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of heath care providers
- Primary Care Clinic, Adult Only
- Patient panel is predominately geriatrics with Medicare Advantage coverage
- Low Patient Volume!
- Physician will typically see less than 14 patients per day
- Admin time is built into the daily schedule
- Support is robust, offering 5 support staff per provider
- Dedicated MA to each physician
- Option to teach Residents (in select markets)
Work Life Balance:
- Providers are supported to practice at the peak of their license
- Schedule is Monday - Friday 8-5
- No weekends
- Call is minimal, shared with large pod and is PHONE only
- Physician Mentorship Pathway for Growth and Development
- Paid Time Off + clinics are closed for 8 national holidays
- OptumCare Physician Partnership Plan
- Annual Quality Bonus, paid twice a year
- Allowance for Professional Expense Fund
- CME Allowance with additional PTO days
- Clinician Well Being Resource Program
- 401k with match, Executive Savings Plan, and UHG Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Comprehensive Benefits from Optum Partner Services
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) proficiency is a Plus
- Board Certification or Eligibility in Family Practice or Internal Medicine
- Possess a working understanding and support of a managed care environment
- Active Texas state medical license, or the ability to obtain
WellMed is rapidly expanding in Houston!
Ask about our clinic locations DownTown, Metro, Inner Loop, Outer Loop, Memorial, Pearland, Spring, Humble, Cleveland, and East in the Beaumont area.